Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role can work remotely from anywhere in the USA. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship.
What Will You Do?
Bixal has an exciting opportunity to help accelerate digital transformation across the federal government to improve the public's experience with a range of government services. As a consultant to our federal clients, you will be part of a cross-functional team applying human-centered innovation and effective communication strategies to improve digital civic engagement.
We are seeking a seasoned writer and editor to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will support the creation, organization, development, and delivery of various written deliverables including but not limited to articles, reports, blogs, talking points, speaking remarks and more. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer and editor with experience writing about complex government services, information technology topics and more.
- Write and/or edit marketing and public awareness materials, including reports, blogs, briefings and presentations, and other project deliverables.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by specialists, project management, and/or client.
- Ensure that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
- Research and gather background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Support internal and external content and communications strategies.
- Provide timely responses to clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Accommodate all requested edits and revisions in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree + 5 years of experience, Master's Degree + 3 years of experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, acute attention to detail, and excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with cross-functional teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders.
- Experience using AP style.
- Ability to create effective messaging and present ideas and information clearly.
- Expertise in plain language guidelines.
- Experience working effectively in highly collaborative and team-oriented environments.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Ability to participate (in person or remotely) in meetings, both regular and ad hoc, with communications team members and clients.
- Must able to pass and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
Nice to Haves
- Experience writing for or working with federal government agencies and programs.
- DOD experience
- Experience writing about technical topics and translating them to plain language.
- Experience working with U.S. government agencies
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Work from home flexibility
- 401K with matching incentive
- Parental Leave
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Flex Spending Account
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- 11 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- New business referral bonus
Bixal is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.