We are looking for an experienced Lifestyle Writer to join the Mirror Online’s award** **winning team. This is a fantastic opportunity to source and write engaging lifestyle content. From cutting edge health topics and agenda setting real-life to aspirational travel, style and property stories.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
This is a fixed term contract role, initially for 5 months, starting as soon as possible.
This role can be either fully home based or home & hub, linked to our London office for those who prefer office working. We are therefore open to candidates based across the UK.
What will the role involve? You will conceptualise and cover content across all lifestyle stories, always ensuring the focus is on our most searchable stories. You will utilise your bursting contacts book to secure interviews and exclusives. You will write engaging and accurate content at pace, always in keeping with the Mirror Online style.
You will react to breaking lifestyle news and always be first to scoop the story. You will always be on the lookout for stories that can create viral content, to drive engagement for the Mirror Online. You will utilise social media to stay up to date with all the latest lifestyle news and trends. This role will involve weekend and evening working so a flexible approach is required.
Who are we looking for?
- An NCTJ qualification (or equivalent) with in depth knowledge of media law is essential
- You have a proven track record of scooping exclusive lifestyle stories within a fast paced digital national or large regional newsroom environment
- You are an expert in the lifestyle industry and use your finely tuned social media skills to stay up to date with the latest breaking news
- You have experience publishing stories at pace and meeting deadlines with ease
- You have an enviable contact book of PRs and agents and more that you can use to develop exciting lifestyle stories and secure exclusives for Mirror Online
- You have exceptional writing skills and you are a pro when it comes to using SEO to optimise your stories
- You have excellent social media skills and know how to utilise different platforms to boost engagement.
What can we offer you? We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day - an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave - including maternity, paternity and adoption - and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan - free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support - including a 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP) for you and your nearest and dearest
- Awesome career opportunities - you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.