This is a contract position that goes through June 2023 with potential to extend.
Our technology client is looking for a skilled Editorial Writer to join their growing “mini-newsroom” team. The ideal candidate will have a background in Editorial writing and has a proven history of ideating, researching, and executing compelling and tailored content and features.
- Working closely with their PR team to create compelling editorial content that meets the needs of their readers and their business.
- Manage the editorial calendars.
- Identify new opportunities for editorial coverage and exploring new types of content.
- Write and edit a variety of content for group, including pieces written by internal and external experts.
- Publish content using their WordPress-powered CMS.
- Work with social and community teams to promote content.
- Represent the group at industry events and demos.
- Cultivate strong relationships with developers and publishers.
- 3-5+ years of Editorial/Journalism writing experience.
- Experience writing and editing features.
- Experience interviewing and conducting research.
- Experience producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Ability to write within a clear format quickly and succinctly.
- Strong written communication and proofreading skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to find the most interesting angle in any given story.
- Organized and has the ability to distill key information.
This is a contract role that goes through June 2023 with potential to extend.