ICF is hiringWriter
- Job locationRemote (US)
- Date postedFebruary 28
- ExpiresApril 28 (in 33 days)
- Pay$51333 - $87267 Annually
ICF is seeking a **Writer **to support projects across the Children and Youth portfolio to include projects such as the Capacity Building Center for States and the Child Welfare Information Gateway.
This individual provides writing expertise for print and web products, including child welfare products for distribution, products associated with special initiatives or annual events, materials requested by various federal clients, marketing content, and formal project reports. The Writer should understand how to manage competing deadlines while dealing with multiple stages/levels of an extensive review process that may include several reviewers.
- Creates original content for publications, webpages, client requests, and internal papers and reports, including project annual reports.
- Works closely with SMEs to conceptualize, develop, and finalize written materials.
- Produce marketing and dissemination materials.
- Adhere to editorial, style, and branding guidelines.
- Research, write, and edit print and web content as needed.
- Learn about child welfare and education content and potential clients and stay abreast of the political nuances that affect product content.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field.
- 2+ years of writing and editing experience in a professional publication setting.
- Writing in a federal contracting environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in child welfare/social services.
- Experience with curriculum development, storytelling/interviewing, and production of digital resources like podcasts and animated videos.
- Experience writing for print and web and understanding of the different requirements for each.
- Familiarity with social science, or a background in research and evaluation helpful, especially in child welfare.
- Expertise in Adobe Acrobat, MS Project, and basic HTML coding preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ government contracting experience.
- An understanding of, and responsiveness to, diverse cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic contexts is necessary.
- Ability and willingness to apply a racial equity framework to all areas of work.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented as well as able to see the big picture.
- Able to work on many projects at once.
- Able to work independently, without a lot of supervision, and be comfortable working as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Good organizational/problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential in this fast-paced client-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of style guidelines, especially GPO.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status.
Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
_Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and _Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position.
The pay range for this position is: $51,333.00 – $87,267.00 Nationwide Remote Office (US99)