- 8.5 hours (including half hour lunch) between 7am and 7pm, 4 days per week
- 30 days annual leave (inc Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year and your birthday off)
- Dedicated training budget to further develop your skills and knowledge
- Annual bonus based on personal and company performance
- Contributory pension scheme
We are Marketing Signals, and we know digital marketing. We live and breathe digital marketing strategies, delivering search engine marketing that consistently generates results for businesses and some of the world’s most recognisable brands.
We are looking for a Web Copywriter to join our content team. Can you write SEO content that is not only data-driven, but concise, insightful, and attention-grabbing? We’d like to hear from you!
The content team works flexible hours, and the role itself is 100% location independent, allowing you to live anywhere in the world. Be it the beaches in Miami or in a mountain resort in the Swiss Alps – the choice is yours.
This is a huge opportunity for you to write for a variety of top brands and work with an award-winning agency that over the last couple of years, has seen explosive growth.
Are you ready to get started? If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, then read on to learn more about our company and how to apply for the position.
What is the Web Copywriter Role?
The role will work closely with the Content supervisor and members of the SEO team to produce insightful and unique content to brief.
With a focus on guest posting, You will be responsible for researching related material and tailoring content to suit the target page(s). Producing around 8 articles (of around 500 words) a day whilst ensuring the content is relevant, grammatically correct and sensical.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and have experience writing in different digital channels and platforms (landing pages, white papers, blogs). The new hire will help us to meet the increasing demand for unique content.
What Skills and Experience Are Needed?
- Demonstrable examples of composing clear and compelling copy
- Writing in different digital channels and platforms
- English to native level
- Knowledge of key on-page SEO concepts (Desirable)
- Proficient with Microsoft office and Google workspace
- Ability to adapt writing style to maintain an accurate and consistent brand-specific tone
What’s the Culture Like?
Our company is built on a culture of living life on your terms. Being a location-independent full-time position is one of the many benefits! You’ll be free to work anywhere in the world that serves your creativity best. The choice is yours.
We aren’t going to chain you to a cubicle. We’re not a FTSE 100 company and you won’t be some badge number in the corporate machine. We will want your input and insight.
When you first start off, you will be training with our Content Supervisor for the first couple of weeks. This is to show you the ropes, and introduce you to your colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
Probation is 6 months, and after this time you will be introduced to our bonus scheme, which is based on individual and company performance.
In this industry it’s important to stay up to date with any changes, so personal development is very important to us. So if you have a passion for personal development and are willing to enhance your own knowledge independently, we have a dedicated training budget to help supplement that further.
Our company also holds annual meetups (a-la Christmas party) where we gather in a fun location and celebrate a year’s hard work together.
- Through open, forthright and transparent collaboration – treat everyone with respect and courtesy
- On the brief, client needs and success – Client satisfaction is your highest aim
- To create, work and breathe – Let originality be your motivator
- By data, results and each other – Be better everyday
- To earn trust, develop and innovate – You can achieve more
- We take huge pride in the work that we do and expect you to do the same.
Sounds Great, How Do I Apply?
Here is the sequence of events we use when hiring our new Web Copywriter:
- Send an updated CV
- This will be reviewed for suitability
- If you meet the requirements, we will contact you to complete a typing test (approx 5 mins) and you will need to send a screenshot of the results
- We will then schedule an initial chat to go over some screening questions
- You will be given a brief to write a piece of content
- We will review the content
- Second interviews will be done and a final decision made
- The chosen applicant will then be announced with a job offer and start date.