Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide.
This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to own UX language across Ro. You’ll be embedded with all product teams and report directly to the VP of Brand (after all, we believe that great products sit at the core of great brands!).
You will be responsible for crafting clear, human copy that helps our patients achieve their health goals. You’ll write for every Ro product touchpoint –– app, ro.co, telehealth visits –– as well as every health goal we support –– fertility, weight loss, dermatology, and sexual health to name a few! You’ll obsess over improving patient experiences through useful and consistent messaging. If you believe, as we do, that the right language at the right time can actually help people live healthier lives, this may be the role for you.
What You’ll Do
- Use your writing skills to develop clear, human, and cohesive end-to-end user experiences. You’ll be embedded in every part of the product process, working arm-in-arm with product management and product design, developing digital products from feature spec through user testing and execution.
- Own all content decisions within our products: naming conventions, how we present in-product education, how we think about information disclosure, content hierarchy for pages and care journeys, the works.
- Drive consistency across Ro products by documenting and socializing product copy conventions, guidelines, and messaging guides with the organization.
- You’ll be the expert on how we talk to our patients and how we shepherd them through various care journeys. You will partner closely with GMs and marketing leaders from each of Ro’s care verticals: fertility, dermatology, weight management, and men’s health to help translate the needs of all patients into our digital products –– driving narrative consistency throughout.
- You’ll be heavily involved in our product roadmapping and development processes and continuously identifying new strategic opportunities for serving our patients with content.
- You’ll work closely with growth and marketing teams to test and iterate on messaging to ensure it’s clear and effective.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 7+ years of experience in content roles that meld product language and marketing language. Tangible examples of product content that’s tailored to both user and business goals are required for this role.
- You have versatile copywriting skills and demonstrated ability to make complex, abstract topics feel accessible. You’re speedy. You can get down an outline, get feedback, and polish with little oversight.
- You have experience developing strategic messaging under tight timelines — you’re incredibly organized and deadline driven.
- You love hovering over the shoulder of a product designer. For you, the good stuff happens when you’re shaping work together in Figma.
- You sweat the small stuff. Grammar matters (and it bugs you if it’s not consistent!)
- You’re able to connect the dots between a variety of initiatives and narratives. You know how to pull in the right people at the right time and keep the customer journey at the forefront.
- You welcome feedback and love to learn. You get energy from working closely with a team.
- You get excited by how powerful language can be in helping people meet their health goals!
We’ve Got You Covered
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.