UX Writers are thought partners for stakeholders, namely Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Businesses, Researchers, Marketers, and others. A Writer is mandated to provide users’ points of view by emphasizing their situation and condition and bringing them to discussions.
UX Writer has to possess strong design thinking, research, and data-informed mindset in their daily lives. They can translate business goals, technical problems, research points, and user journeys into words or a copy set to guide and help users complete their jobs. They write for various sets of audiences, produce design opinions and solutions, conduct research projects, and collaborate with stakeholders outside their team.
What You Will Do
- Lead the content designing process in assigned streams involving 360 stakeholders from Designers, Researchers, Illustrators, Product Managers, Business Teams, Marketing, Legal, and others, following the pre-defined processes but also able to identify rooms for improvement during the processes
- Effectively deliver features and improvements per agreed mass timelines with high-quality output
- Effortlessly strategize for how Gojek better communicate to their users
- Be the principal lead. Lead the team in setting up trends of craft and/or lead by examples for Junior Writers to look up to
- Mentor Junior Writers basis and leverage the team’s quality periodically
- Initiate meaningful and impactful individual projects to contribute more to the company’s vision and mission, able to identify a case, build the case, get the buy-in, and execute it
- Closely and intensely collaborate and communicate with stakeholders in given contexts such as: gathering feedback, aligning thoughts to reach an agreement, giving feedback to stakeholders, resolving conflicts, and so on
- Show up for your work: advocate and evangelize UX Writing and Content Design tirelessly. Bring attention to the team to expand the level of expertise.
What You Will Need
- Proficient in English and Indonesian grammar. Have a knack for languages and their role in society, daily conversation, device-mediated communication, and others
- Excellent understanding of writing fundamentals, such as structured thinking, critical and creative thinking, context gathering, research, problem-solving, seeking feedback, and prioritization
- Able to think like a UI/UX Designer
- Insatiable curiosity to understand your customers and how to make their live better
- Strong self-driven purpose of work and possess a high initiative of doing what’s right and not what’s easy
- A rich understanding of Indonesians and how they go about their daily lives
- Fearlessness in getting your hands dirty to find out root causes, or to validate your design, through qualitative and quantitative research
- Remarkable communication in collaborating with stakeholders and advocating your work
- Confident and independent self-management, project management, and leadership
- Tenacity and copy self-edit
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team comprises ~130 designers spread across 3 countries and ~7 teams.
We have people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. Among us, we have designers who are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. Together we envision, create, and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers.
Over the last 6 years, Gojek Design has grown with the rest of the organization supporting 10+ products. During this time, we have continuously evolved our processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers. We value constructive criticism, passionate debates, hard challenges, and keeping work fun.
We’ve come a long way since 2015 when we were a small central team of 15 designers working away intensely to build and support products that were scaling at an unprecedented rate. Our challenges were not just designing the products and not being the bottleneck, but also educating everyone around us on what design is, and why it makes sense to always start with the users, and work backwards.
About GoTo Group
GoTo Group is the largest digital ecosystem in Indonesia with its mission to “Empower Progress’ by offering technological infrastructure and solutions for everyone to access and thrive in the digital economy. The GoTo ecosystem consists of on-demand transportation services, food and grocery delivery, logistics and fulfillment, as well as financial and payment services through the Gojek and GoTo Financial platforms.It is the first platform in Southeast Asia that hosts these crucial cases in a single ecosystem, capturing the majority of Indonesia’s vast consumer household.
Gojek is Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand platform and pioneer of the multi-service ecosystem with over 2.5 million driver partners across the regions offering a wide range of services such as transportation, food delivery, logistics and more. With its mission to create impact at scale, Gojek is committed to resolving consumer problems and raising standards of living by connecting consumers to the best providers of goods and services in the market.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial accelerates financial inclusion through its leading financial services and merchants solutions. Its consumer services include GoPay and GoPayLater and serve businesses of all sizes through Midtrans, Moka, GoBiz Plus, GoBiz, and Selly. With its trusted and inclusive ecosystem of products, GoTo Financial is open to new growth opportunities and aims to empower everyone to Make It Happen, Make It Together, Make It Last.
GoTo and its business units, including Gojek, GoToFinancial and GoToLogistics ("GoTo") only post job opportunities on our official channels on our respective company websites and on LinkedIn. GoTo is not liable for any job postings or job offers that did not originate from us. You should conduct your own due diligence to prevent being victims of any fake job scams, if they did not originate from GoTo's official recruitment channels.