This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States.
Are you a wordsmith with a passion for clarity and accuracy? Do you thrive on creating well-structured documentation that serves as the backbone of the customer experience? If so, we invite you to join our remote team as FullStory’s UX Writer. We’re looking for an outstanding writer with experience creating UX content and documentation for a SaaS product.
Reporting to the UX Manager, the UX Writer is passionate about enabling users. You will be responsible for writing technical content, maintaining consistency and accuracy across all documentation, and taking a data-driven, minimalist approach to enhance our documentation’s content, structure, and UX.
Your ability to learn and explain complex technical concepts coupled with your exceptional skills in analytical and conceptual thinking, will enable you to succeed in this role.
In a Typical Day, You Might
- Simplify complex concepts and systems into clear, concise, and engaging copy, aiding in user comprehension and navigation.
- Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation, identifying opportunities, setting priorities, and managing stakeholders.
- Actively engage in user education, naming, user flows, and product logic—ensuring coherence and clarity.
- Apply a minimalist approach to technical documentation and uphold FullStory’s writing style.
- Manage, design, and optimize help center content using Zendesk Guide and Zendesk Explore.
- Take the lead in content design and writing for a strategic area, focusing on a comprehensive approach that goes beyond words to holistically shape products and experiences.
Here's What We're Looking For
- Experience in UX Writing, Content Design, Content Strategy, or a related field
- Experience in establishing frameworks, content patterns, and guidelines for voice and tone
- Experience planning and structuring roadmaps with limited information.
- Experience writing copy from scratch, editing existing copy, and conceptualizing beyond the written word with input from multiple team members
- Understanding and ability to explain complex technical concepts related to SaaS software, such as APIs, CSS, data analytics, AI, machine learning, etc.
- A copy of your portfolio showcasing UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
The Impact You Will Have In 6 Months
- Clean up current Knowledge Base: prioritization of current articles to be re-written.
- Redesign of Knowledge Base Information Architecture and article layout to be more usable. Streamline FullStory’s content, creating a documentation strategy that maximizes time to value and epitomizes excellence for self-service digital experience.
The Impact You Will Have In 12 Months
- Maintain Knowledge Base.
- Provide UX writing support for product teams.
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory’s digital experience intelligence (DXI) platform empowers businesses to continuously improve their customer experience across sites and apps. FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 500+ employees worldwide with offices in Atlanta and London.
We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. We are guided by our values of Empathy, Clarity, Bionics, and Trust, which we embed in our day-to-day work.
How We Support You
FullStorians are committed to building something better—from how we approach our product, to how we care for our customers and each other. Better is only possible when we can bring our full selves to work.
Along These Lines, We Offer
- Autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment and flexible paid time off, to an annual company-wide closure – FullStorians can focus on the moments that matter.
- Benefits. Take care of the whole you. FullStory offers sponsored benefit packages for US-based FullStorians, and supplemental coverage options for international FullStorians.
- Learning opportunities. We provide professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
- Productivity support. We provide all FullStorians with a monthly productivity stipend and reimburse remote colleagues for their initial home office set up.
- Team events. Connect with fellow FullStorians through Employee Resource Group events, Listening & Alignment weeks, and team off-sites.
- Paid parental leave. FullStorians have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Grow your family. We offer a global fertility and family building benefit that encompasses all journeys to growing your family.
- Bereavement leave. Every family is different; we leave it to you to define who your family is, and support you when you need it most.
- Miscarriage/Pregnancy loss leave. Whether it is for a FullStorian or their partner – take the time you need.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to fostering an increasingly diverse community. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If our product, values, and community resonate with you, please apply - we'd love to hear from you!
If you may require reasonable accommodations to participate in our job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for accommodations will be treated confidentially.