Inverse has an immediate opening for a part-time TV & Movies writer. The ideal candidate has significant experience writing voicy, compelling stories about television and film. Specifically, we need someone who can write with style and authority on the genres of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and other alternative realities — and also report on the people who create these worlds.
The ideal candidate is an expert in the worlds of Marvel, DC, Star Wars, and other popular franchises with the ability to put their own spin on a quick news hit and also dive deep into the lore that powers these universes. If you’re the type of person who’s always telling your friends what to watch on Netflix or HBO Max, you’ll fit in well.
To succeed in this role, you should be a passionate storyteller who’s excited to write about Inverse’s core entertainment franchises as part of a diverse, knowledgeable team of writers.
- Write at least two stories every day to deadline
- Interview actors, directors, and others involved in the entertainment industry
- Review movies and TV shows regularly
- Contribute to our coverage around new genre shows and movies
- Attend daily pitch meetings
- 2 years of experience as a TV and Movies journalist
- Excellent grammar skills and high attention to detail
- Some understanding of SEO best practices
- A genuine love for superheroes and sci-fi, and a passion for learning more about these stories and characters
- The ability to work Monday through Friday, and between the hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern time
- The ability to attend in-person movie screenings is a plus
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 100 million readers and 105 social fans turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, NYLON, The Zoe Report, W, Fatherly, Romper, Scary Mommy, The Dad, Gawker, Input, Inverse, and Mic – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City.