Founded in 2012, EasyPost is a YC unicorn whose mission is to make shipping simple for businesses, from garage startups to the Fortune 500. Shipping, now more than ever, is the backbone of the global economy, but integrating the technology-enabled operations of a modern business with the low-tech and complex shipping industry has always been a challenge.
EasyPost solves this problem with the first developer-friendly REST API for shipping, and we continue to push boundaries and discover new ways to simplify shipping for all. Our team is rapidly growing, and this is the perfect time to get on board. Join us, and help build the shipping infrastructure of the future.
About the Role
The Technical Documentation Specialist II plays a critical role in bridging the gap between technical teams and the end-user of the product. This position is responsible for creating clear, concise, and effective communication materials that convey technical information to various audiences. The Technical Documentation Specialist II requires a deep understanding of the product’s technical aspects and the ability to translate complex concepts into easily understandable content.
What You Will Do
- Develop a variety of communication materials including user manuals, technical guides, FAQs, knowledge based articles, and other documentation that provides users with clear instructions on how to effectively use and troubleshoot products.
- Transform complex technical information into user-friendly content that is easily comprehensible for non-technical audiences maintaining consistent tone, style, and terminology across all communication materials.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, designers, and support staff, to gather technical information and ensure accuracy in the communication materials.
- Understand the target audience’s needs, preferences, and levels of technical expertise & adapt communication strategies accordingly to provide information in the most accessible manner.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the company’s products, their features, functionalities, and technical specifications.
- Contribute to product launch activities by preparing communication materials that introduce new products or updates to the market.
- Review and edit content created by other team members to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, communication tools, and best practices in technical communication to enhance the quality of deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communication, computer science, engineering, or other related field.
- 3+ years of related experience, master’s degree and 1+ years of related experience, or equivalent related work experience.
- Proven experience in technical writing or technical communication, especially in translating complex concepts into user-friendly content.
- Proficient in using documentation tools, content management systems, and graphic software.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality, error-free content.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work well in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Working knowledge of modern software development.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive compensation package and equity
- 401(k) match
- Monthly work from home stipend of $50 net
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off
- Collaborative culture with a supportive team
- A great place to work with unlimited growth opportunities
- The opportunity to make massive contributions at a hyper-growth company
- Make an impact on a product helping ship millions of packages per day
Data Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
"EasyPost is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law."
To be considered for this position, you must be authorized and based in the United States.