At QIMA, we are on a mission to offer our clients smart solutions to make products you can trust.
Operating in over 100+ countries, we serve the consumer products, food & life sciences industries and help more than 30,000 brands, retailers, manufacturers, and growers achieve quality excellence.
We combine on-the-ground expertise with digital solutions that bring accuracy, transparency and intelligence for quality and compliance data.
What sets us apart is our unique culture. Our 5,000 Qimers live and make decisions every day by our QIMA Values. With client passion, integrity and a commitment to making things simple, we disrupted the Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry. Are you ready to hop on this exciting ride with us and help us achieve our mission?
As a member of our Technical Documentation Team, you will be responsible for creating professional technical documentation for a wide range of consumer goods, e.g. electronics, household appliances, gardening tools, sport equipment, toys, etc.
Your Responsibilities Will Be To
- Creating instruction and assembly manuals for consumer goods in German in accordance with product standards and regulations
- Proofreading and reviewing technical documentation
- Preparing instruction manuals for the translation process
- Typesetting of foreign-language instruction manuals
- Communication with clients
- Close cooperation with colleagues from the fields of proofreading, graphics, and translation management
- Work in ad-hoc project support and other duties as assigned.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have:
- University degree in Technical Communication, Technical Translation, or related fields
- Profound knowledge of working with Content Management Systems, preferably ST4, Adobe InDesign and Acrobat
- Exemplary attention to detail and time management skills
- Logical thinking and an analytical mind is a must
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong team player as well as excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Immediate availability is preferred
- Work experience of at least 2 years in the field of technical documentation preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German fluency in writing preferred.