Yuvo works to increase access to primary care by supporting federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), the institutions that have dedicated the most to care for underserved communities.
We work with FQHCs to help scale the quality of care they provide by providing access to new payment systems, developing and optimizing operational infrastructure, and convening partnerships in the broader care ecosystem so that they can increase their capacity and deliver the highest quality of care to their communities.
About the Role
Yuvo is hiring a Technical Writer to join our Product Team. In this role, the Technical Writer will produce product literature and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
The person in this role will also develop, gather, verify, and disseminate technical information across multiple mediums. The Technical Writer will work with product team members, UI/UX designers, developers, technicians, and support staff to develop technical artifacts.
The person in this role thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys a strong team culture, and is excited by the opportunity to make an impact with tech-enabled solutions that support patients most critically in need of attention.
This is a fully remote position for employees based in the United States.
Travel up to 25%.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Curate, write, and edit supporting documents that clarifies product features and benefits
- User persona targeting
- Design and develop supporting documentation for product use
- Identify and use diagrams, process flows, and charts to increase user understanding
- Understand and translate complex information for users of varying backgrounds, experiences
- Design, drive, and document usability studies of artifacts with UI/UX Designers, product teams, and end users
- Periodically review all documentation for timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness; make corrections/updates as needed
- Manage review and approval process of technical artifacts
- Develop artifacts for various media (print, presentation software, video, etc.)
- Create and maintain guidelines, case study documentation, and technical operating procedures
- Any other duties that are reasonably required
YOU WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE IF:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Education, or Communications, CS, MIS, or Engineering is preferred; 3+ years of experience as a Technical Writer may be considered in lieu of a degree
- In-depth knowledge of technology and healthcare terminology
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Forms, etc.)
- Presentation skills; comfortable speaking to groups of six or more people
- Proficiency in various process mapping and documentation tools (Confluence, LucidChart, Shortcut…)
- Detail-oriented and diligent
And Though Not Required, It Would Be Great If
- Experience working in an early-stage startup, with the willingness and ability to create and own artifacts and processes for technical writing
- Basic graphic & web design skills
- Experience with technical documentation software (Whatfix, Scribe, bit.ai)
- Experience working with BI visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Metabase, etc)
- Ideal candidates will be based in the Central or Eastern time zone.
- Unlimited vacation leave
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $500 reimbursement for reasonable work equipment in the first year of employment
- Stock options
Base Salary Range
$68,000 - $85,000
Our commitment to ensuring quality health care to underserved communities is the foundation of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in how we operate as a company and approach to our work.
Yuvo is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process.