Xref (XF1) is on a mission to bring positive change to the recruitment process by offering reference, background and ID checks that are fast, simple and secure.
Since listing on the ASX we have expanded across APAC, Europe, Canada and the USA supporting thousands of businesses across multiple markets and industries, delivering a robust and reliable service to some of the most highly regulated, audited and trusted companies globally.
This is a mid-level position in Technical Writing. Our team is growing and we are looking for someone with a good foundation of technical product knowledge, ability to write accurately and precisely and who is keen to test the software while documenting. You will report to the Delivery Director and work in a technical team practising an agile framework.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to deliver engaging, accurate and compliant technical content/documentation for internal audiences.
- Work closely with engineers, testers, business analysts, project managers, data scientists and devops to create user guides, how-to-guides and supporting documentation of software products.
- Review, evaluate and revise documentation and resources on an ongoing basis by testing software products to ensure content is maintained and up-to-date.
- Continuously improve all documentation based on feedback and support tickets.
- Ensure key milestones and agreed objectives are met with accuracy and consistency.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the documentation experience.
- Coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Hands-on experience Confluence including the use of elements and templates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicate with clarity, impact and influence.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively, organise tasks and manage competing requests.
- Strong attention to detail
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in Writing, English, Literature, Journalism, or a Bachelor of Science degree.
- 1-3 years of writing experience in Technical Writing working in an agile environment.
Why choose Xref?
- Flexible Work Approach - We value a more outcome driven approach to work and offer a full flexible work approach.
- Competitive salary package - $90k - $105k base plus enjoy our attractive share options package
- Remote first and 2 weeks from anywhere in the world
- Career Development - Whether you're taking on new responsibilities, following your passion to a new area of the business or starting an adventure in any of our other global offices - we're proud to offer tailored opportunities.
- Birthday Leave - We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, we love any excuse to celebrate - here’s an extra day to take off just for you.
- Events - We’re a social bunch and sure know how to have a good time! From team days out to client focused events, we make sure to keep work fun! Check out our careers page here to listen to employee testimonials and to get a glimpse of what it's like to work at Xref >> here <<
No agencies please.