We’re looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our R&D center.
In this role, you will build and lead Via’s technical documentation knowledge base challenge.
The position requires delivering top of the notch system architectural documents to our partners (including customization per different customer’s requirement) as well as developing and promoting the adoption of documentation templates for systems and infrastructure across the company.
API documentation is also a major element, as Via grows its integration footprint by offering technical entities to integrate with our SDKs and APIs to expand our marketplace of modules. Some level of technical capabilities are required to use the system but also to test the APIs independently as part of documentation accuracy validation.
As a technical writer, you will gain a thorough understanding of the different environments and deployments of Via’s products and services, and use your business analysis skill to deduct a real value for clients to bridge gaps of our capabilities, limitations, APIs and more.
What You'll Do
- Gather and research information about Via’s systems and products, in order to organize, develop and write procedure manuals, installation manuals, technical specifications, API documentation, etc.
- Create and provide a clear content, to explain complex terms and topics, according to the company’s tone of voice
- Deliver excellent system architectural documents to our partners around the globe, including customization per different partner’s requirements
- Maintain and review all content to be accurate and up to date
- Collaborate effectively and work closely with engineering, product and project management, expansion and business development teams.
- Document APIs at an appropriate level for various audiences
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, under very tight deadlines
- Working in a complex, dynamic, and rapidly growing global environment
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience as a technical writer in a software development environment
- Proven experience in creating, editing and writing complex, technical documentation
- Experience writing content from scratch, as well as updating legacy documents to meet Via’s writing standards
- Tech savvy with outstanding ability to understand complex technical concepts and explain them clearly
- Experience in creating clear and structured guides for different audiences
- Comfortable working independently and know how to take the initiative to find the information you need without waiting for it to come to you
- Strong attention to details, multitasking, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize and manage your time
- Familiarity with any of: Postman, REST, Swagger / OpenAPI
- Native-level English, along with ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with other teams
- BSc / MA degree or equivalent We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?