Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience.
Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our team to lead our approach to technical documentation and help us achieve our goals for our business and the planet.
What You Get to Do
We are searching for a Technical Writer who is passionate about changing the way millions of people save energy. As a Technical Writer you will lead Uplight’s efforts to create extraordinary developer experiences for our internal employees and our customers. Technical Writers make Uplight’s products easy to use and integrate for our developers and users. Our documentation must exemplify quality and instill trust.
Our products and internal tools require innovation and creativity to create an excellent user experience and to increase developer velocity. We need writers with exceptional writing ability and solid technical competence to provide an engaging developer experience.
You will work on a team that values communication, collaboration, growth, and trust. At Uplight, we believe that demonstrating our core values is the key to success.
We Expect Our Team Members To
- Act with integrity, even when it’s hard
- Always stay curious and ready to learn
- Work to meaningful outcomes, mindful of each step
- Operate as a unified team, made stronger by uniqueness
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What You Will Contribute
- Document new products, features, and APIs
- Document standards, guidelines, and best practices for engineers
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable
- Maintain content quality through curation and content performance analysis
- Push Uplight and the energy industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical content
What You Bring To Uplight
- 5+ years of experience writing excellent software documentation alongside engineers
- Experienced with information architecture for large documentation sets
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Proficient with documentation technology such as HTML, Markdown, Git, and other documentation frameworks
- Ability to quickly iterate and improve
- You are a lifelong learner, mentor, and team player
- You are insatiably curious and drawn to solving complex problems
- You have experience creating documentation tools and/or processes for the lifecycle of technical documentation
- You have experience in data intensive environments and experience with SQL
- You have experience documenting technical products for both an internal and external audience
What Makes Working at Uplight Amazing
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We Also Provide
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $85,000 to $105,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.