Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely nf outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach.
Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
We are looking for Senior, Staff, or Principal level (L4-L6) Technical Writers who excel at writing and explaining complex technical products or concepts.
In this role, you will be working on the information architecture and content associated with Teleport documentation.
What You'll Be Doing
- Enable Teleport users to be self-sufficient by writing intuitive tutorials, guides, and references.
- Manage the information architecture of the documentation site to streamline the discovery of relevant content.
- Ensure that users are presented with relevant documentation, in the product or otherwise, exactly when they need it.
- Surfacing issues and inconsistencies with how we present information in the product.
What You'll Bring
- You have a successful track record of writing about complex technical topics in a startup environment.
- You are opinionated about how documentation and other information should be presented to users.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and concepts.
What To Expect Once You Apply
- Join a 30-minute intro call with a recruiter who will walk you through the role, interview process, and compensation.
- Join a 30-minute call with the hiring manager who will walk you through the company state, team structure, and documentation strategy.
- Collaborate asynchronously with our documentation team to draft an article about a technical concept.
We also offer equity compensation and a comprehensive list of benefits below:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching employer contributions
- Paid Time Off: 4 weeks
- Sick Leave: 10 days
- Paid leave: 12 weeks
- Paid Holidays: 11 days
- Medical, dental, vision, Long Term disability, and life insurance - PPO, HMO, FSA, EPO plans provided
- Flexible expense benefit: $4.8k annual expense benefit for work related expenses Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.