Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
A group of Status Contributors is also involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption-resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions – paving the way to economic opportunities for those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.You can read more about Logos here: in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
- Create multichannel technical content for our website, blog, social media and other marketing channels.
- Depending on the content, you will aim to reach technical and non-technical audiences
- Attend weekly team meetings to gather content, distill it and generate interesting and engaging weekly technical blog posts and developer documentation without guidance / project brief.
- Review and update technical documentation articles. Collaborate with SMEs to consolidate/disperse documentation and guides into a single and unified structure.
- Improve and document the planning, writing, reviewing, and publishing workflows in the documentation process.
- Contributing to the writing style guide and applying the writing rules consistently.
- Bring new and innovative approaches to improve and simplify the Waku documentation process.
You Ideally Will Have
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and decentralisation.
- Deep, relevant experience in technical writing.
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them understandable through documentation.
- Strong organizational skills, structured thinking.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking, predominantly in English).
A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working for a blockchain or crypto organisation in a Technical Writing role.
- Experience working for an open source organization.
The expected compensation range for this role is $100,000 – $120,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process). We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.