SafetyCulture is a customer and product led SaaS company with the purpose of helping frontline teams get better every day.
We are building a mobile-first operations platform that gives workers a voice, and leaders visibility, to make better decisions in the workplace every day. Our mission is to unite teams to become a force for improvement in any organisation.
Headquartered in Sydney, SafetyCulture has six offices around the world and over 70,000 customers.
We’re seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join our dynamic Support Team in our Sydney HQ.
Your primary responsibility will be to create user-friendly guides, manuals, and other documentation to assist SafetyCulture customers in understanding and effectively using our products.
You’ll collaborate closely with developers, and other stakeholders to gather information and ensure the accuracy of your documentation. Your ability to organise information and your attention to detail will be essential to enhancing the experience that SafetyCulture customers will have.
If you are passionate about creating high-quality documentation and improving the customer experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Create and continuously improve content for the SafetyCulture Help Center
- Partner with our Product & Engineering teams to stay up to date on product changes and help shape our customers' product experience
- Collaborate with our Marketing teams to ensure our external documentation and collateral are accurate and consistent in language
- Lead Knowledge Sync sessions to ensure all customer-facing teams are across feature releases and updates
- Review content changes made by other Technical Writers and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Monitor support logs and the Help Center usage to identify where new content is required or existing content needs to be updated.
What Do I Need?
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organise information
- Ability to understand technical concepts and translate them into easy-to-understand language
- Experience with content management systems and technical writing tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an agile environment
- Prior experience working in an agile development environment is a plus
- Experience writing API documentation is a plus
- Experience using a headless CMS is a plus
More Than a Job!
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office;
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities;
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks;
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages;
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy;
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite;
- On-site gym,Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.