Planet Technologies, the Nation’s leading Microsoft services provider to the public sector, is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing team as a Senior Technical Writer. In this role, you will be supporting impactful projects that make a difference for our country.
- Gather, analyze, and write product technical requirements.
- Conduct or participate in functional specification walkthroughs prior to completing technical write up.
- Review functional specifications, project deliverables, including technical specifications, test plans, and scripts in preparation for writing technical documents.
- Familiar with writing/assisting with writing system design documents, installation and operations guides, technical SOPs, and other SDLC as required.
- Identify and define functional and data requirements, including changes to original scope. Gather information about a problem, define changes to an existing application, and incorporate the changes using documents and specifications for final document.
- Ensure project documents conform to standards and are kept current.
- Must understand system development life cycle/methodologies; data communications/ networking; cloud environments.
- Visio, PowerPoint, MS Office skills; ability to synthesize information.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience providing direct writing support to technical projects
- Clearance: Active Top-Secret Clearance is required
- On-site: Must be able to work 3 days per week in Washington, DC
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation - US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!