Netography is seeking a Technical Writer who will create, edit and maintain technical content for our Netography customers. Fusion®. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of translating highly technical concepts into customer-consumable and easy-to-understand documentation. The primary functions of this position are: develop user guides, maintain reference material, such as design specifications and product research, release notes and product updates.
Solutions You’ll Bring
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, the Technical Writer plays a key role in product communication and documentation of Netography’s product / service offering. Specifically, the Technical Writer will be responsible for the following:
- Develop comprehensive and clear customer documentation such as how-to guides and product manuals
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to obtain a deep understanding of Netography’s products
- Translate complex product concepts and functionality into clear and concise customer-facing content
- Create and maintain a repository of supporting reference materials, including research, usability tests, design specifications and new feature development
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Own the process for distributing customer documentation to include keeping relevant website content up-to-date
- Coordinate cross-functionally with teams responsible for incorporating any new product features / functionality, e.g., customer training materials
Who You Are
- 5-8 years of experience in technical writing
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Customer centric
- Highly organized
- Familiar with product development lifecycle
- General understanding of development concepts specifically pertaining to documentation requirements from design specifications to customer documentation deliverables
- Understanding of general network operability principles; cyber security a bonus
- API understanding and experience with documenting APIs is a bonus
- Working in a portal environment
Who We Are
When the Netography Founders established the first DDoS defense company twenty years ago, they envisioned a day when networks could efficiently operate without dedicated security devices or complex security support. They dreamed of networks that could secure themselves without human intervention or rely on expensive hardware.
Today, Netography has made that vision a reality with the cloud’s power & flexibility. We’re helping companies gain visibility into on-premises, cloud & hybrid network environments to eliminate blind spots and an added security layer that does not rely on signatures to remediate threats. By assessing threats in the cloud, we can detect, route, or block bad traffic at a scale and ease never before possible.
What We Offer
- Employer paid medical benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock Options
- Inclusive environment that fosters creative problem solving
- The capability to work remotely
Netography is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.