Mirantis helps enterprises move to the cloud on their terms, delivering a true cloud experience on any infrastructure, powered by Kubernetes. The company uses a unique as-a-service model empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere – from public to hybrid cloud and to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Reliance Jio, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen.
Mirantis is seeking a Technical Writer to join the Mirantis documentation team. The right candidate will have the technical background and communication skills needed to write the highest-quality documentation for our product documentation set. The right candidate will also have familiarity with git and will be able to hit the ground running in a Docs-as-Code documentation environment. Are you that person?
As a Mirantis documentation content developer, you will be a part of a global team of technical writers, working alongside product managers and engineers to plan, develop, refactor, publish, and maintain product documentation.
The ideal candidate will have both a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and product managers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical content.
- Create and maintain product documentation that adheres to the docs-as-code approach
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure technical accuracy, completeness, and clarity of documentation
- Partner with the documentation team members to peer review the documentation changes
- Develop and maintain documentation processes, templates, and style guides
- Write and/or edit code samples to support documentation
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in technical writing and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical writing, with a focus on the docs-as-code approach
- Experience in working with software development teams, product management, and other cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with documentation tools and platforms such as Git, Markdown, DITA
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines.
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry;
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies;
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation;
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued;
- Internship provides you with the opportunity to combine work and education;
- Professional development and training;
- Attend conferences and working groups;
- Modern bright office, centrally located and close to public transportation;
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux);
- Company outings, happy hours, hackathons, and tech talks;
- Receive a competitive compensation package with a strong benefits plan.
We are a Leader for Container Management in G2 (#2 after AWS)!