Do you want to use your writing expertise to help people around the world do the right thing? Join us at LRN to be a part of a global company where you can make an impact.
LRN is a SaaS based e-Learning provider with a presence across US, EMEA, APAC and LatAm. More than 2,5000 companies worldwide (including some of the world’s most recognizable brands) utilize LRN services and leverage LRN e-learning courses to help navigate complex regulatory environments and foster ethical, responsible, and inclusive cultures. In partnership with LRN, companies translate their values into concrete corporate practices, training materials, and leadership behaviors that create a sustainable competitive advantage. By acting upon shared values, companies and their people find the means to out behave and outperform.
About The Role
LRN is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our growing global Advisory Services team. This role will be responsible for creating readable, engaging, client-facing ethics and compliance (E&C) content, including codes of conduct, policies, reports, and other related documents. The role also involves creating and maintaining writing standards, and onboarding, training, and overseeing the work of other writers, both in-house and contracted. We are seeking a professional who is a collaborative, goal-oriented content creator, adept at making every word work hard in the right context and optimizing content based on effectiveness measurements.
Reporting to a Director of Advisory Services, the Senior Technical Writer will partner closely with other Advisory colleagues to create readable, accessible, and accurate ethics and compliance (E&C) content. Content includes client-facing documents such as codes of conduct and policies, public documents such as reports, articles, and blog posts, and internal documents such as tools, templates, and procedures. The consistent thread across all content is the ability to turn complicated, legalistic, and technical language into plain English that laypeople can understand. The Senior Technical Writer will also help source, onboard, train, and oversee additional content writers, as required to meet growing demand.
The Senior Technical Writer Will Have The Opportunity To
- Use proven instructional design standards to write and edit accurate, clear, engaging content quickly with a special focus on clearly communicating complicated and legalistic topics in plain language that laypeople can understand.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure content is accurate and consistent with best practices and either the client’s or LRN’s writing style guidelines.
- Create, update, and maintain writer’s guidelines and templates for use by the Manager of Content Solutions and other writers.
- Assist the Manager of Advisory Services Delivery Operations in sourcing and onboarding additional content writers as growing demand requires. Train new content writers in writing guidelines, processes, and templates, review their work, and provide feedback as required.
- Become familiar with readability tools and metrics and make recommendation on how to optimize their use in the content development process.
- Continually learn about the ethics and compliance field, best practices in presenting E&C content, and plain language writing and make recommendations for improvement in our offerings and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or related field essential.
- At least 4 years of experience working in an agency, B2B, or SaaS-based company in a writing-intensive function with an emphasis in technical writing and instructional design.
- Proven ability to write for a variety of business segments, industries, and personas.
- Ability to research topics with a journalistic eye for detail and accuracy and synthesize complex information.
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills with a strong ability to develop and implement style guides for consistency across deliverables.
- Strong partnership skills with emphasis on collaboration, proactive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with graphic designers and programmers to deliver best-in-class E&C content.
- Ability to work with internal and external team members to increase efficiency through metric analysis and continual process improvement.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working schedule
- Flexible PTO plus US public holidays
- Excellent healthcare plan including eye & dental care
- Excellent 401K with employer match
- Life Insurance, Short term and long term disability benefits
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Health Saving & Flexible spending account
LRN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.