Key Cyber Solutions (KCS) is a leading enterprise IT consulting firm that specializes in Secure Agile Software Development, Cybersecurity, Enterprise IT and Data Management services for both government and healthcare organizations. Our approach to business is both aggressive and agile. We value a strong work-ethic, good judgement, organizational skills and, most importantly, an entrepreneurial spirit. At KCS we treat our employees like family and, in turn, they pay that respect forward to every one of our clients.
Candidate will support the Technical Writing efforts required for delivery of Mission Assurance (MA) products as part of the effort to facilitate, analyze, and report cyberspace operations.
While representing USCYBERCOM, the candidate will perform review of reports and briefings associated with affected and non-affected DoD assets; provides technical review for products as well as edits and assists in producing user manuals, technical manuals, systems operations and engineering documents, and additional cybersecurity documentation; create and update SOPs and PowerPoint presentations to support Cybersecurity and Cyberspace Operations; comprehensively investigate subject matter based on observation during meetings and SME feedback in support of producing weekly, monthly, and annual technical reports and other mission assurance documentation.
- Applies knowledge on cybersecurity subjects relating to the conduct of Technical Writing activities through governance and business practices
- Analyzes existing and potential content and suggests enhancements to content and its presentation
- Initiates action for providing Technical Writing support, analysis, and research into complex problems and processes relating to Cybersecurity and Cyberspace Operations
- Edits documents and presentations for content, relevance, clarity, persuasiveness, comprehensiveness, overall tone, and spelling/grammatical errors
- Works with staff to write cybersecurity policy documents on access control, incident reporting, identification and authentication, risk assessment, mission assurance, Concept of Operations (CONOP), etc.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined goals and objectives
- Contributes to the development of new Technical Writing principles and concepts
- Works with Cybersecurity and Cyberspace teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of scientific and technical information, documentation content, and requirements
- Develops highly complex technical topics that meet the objectives and goals for the intended audience.
- Minimum six years of experience as a Technical Writer
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent communications skills
- Solid working knowledge in Microsoft Office and first-rate writing skills
- Possesses a thorough understanding of cybersecurity related technical subject matter, documentation, and requirements
- Develops high-quality documentation with no guidance that is easy-to-use and understand
- Experience providing substantive updates and briefs orally and in writing to senior leadership concerning cybersecurity operations
- Experience collaborating with developers, testers, and business analysts to develop and publish technical content
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/POLYGRAPH. As a HUBZone certified business, we STRONGLY encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone to apply. To confirm if your home address is within a HUBZone, please visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/._ _
- Please note in your cover letter if you reside within a designated HUBzone location.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.