Insurity is a leading Property & Casualty insurance software and data analytics provider, working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, including 15 of the top 25 P&C carriers in the US. With 1400+ team members globally, 7 office locations, and 300+ customers, we have a deep understanding of the insurance business, unparalleled technology expertise, and a singular focus of delivering a simplified insurance experience to our customers.
Insurity’s Next Technical Writer
Our Technical Writer will join the dynamic product documentation team and be responsible for creating/updating technical documentation, including print guides, online user guides, release notes, and other technical documentation pertaining to our software applications as required.
In addition to developing strong internal and customer-facing reference tools, they will also be responsible for contributing ideas toward the growth and evolution of our products and processes.
This position may be filled through an employment or consulting relationship on a temporary basis for a period of approximately 12 months and is to replace a parental leave of absence. A permanent offer of employment may be extended at the end of the contract term, depending on performance and business needs.
What You’ll Do
- Create, maintain, and publish product documentation, including online user guides, release notes and other technical documentation for multiple software solutions
- to support documentation activities;
- Participate in team planning activities and other SAFe ceremonies as the need arises;
- Assist in the estimation of work;
- Partner with assigned Subject Matter Experts on projects;
- Stay up-to-date on industry and job-related trends and standard methodologies;
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- A passionate technical communication specialist with a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications, or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience developing technical documentation, preferably in the Software or Insurance industry;
- Impeccable written communication skills in English;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task across projects and priorities;
- Ability to analyze and understand product features, technical specifications, and user interfaces in order to produce clear documentation;
- Ability to work with Subject Matter Experts to gather key information;
- Ability to convey complex information in concise, user-friendly language.
Where: This role can be performed remotely.
Collaborative Culture | Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities | Day-1 Health Insurance Coverage | Open PTO
Does Insurity sound like the right place for you? Send us your application and a cover letter highlighting what sets you apart from the nice-to-haves and makes you a must-have for our team!
Thank you for your interest in Insurity! Please understand that due to the volume of applicants we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Insurity Is Proud To Be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.