At Hevo, we believe the hallmark of a great product is its clear and succinct documentation. To achieve this, we are looking for writers with 3-8 years of experience, who can perform independently yet work as part of a dynamic product team to scale the documentation in sync with the product functionality.
If you are aspiring for a fulfilling role where you get to be a technical writer in the true spirit, you will enjoy working at Hevo. In your role, you will be exploring the product and working with the engineering, UI, and support teams to create detailed and verified user-oriented documentation.
Your Primary Responsibilities Will Span
- Organizing and presenting technical information in a clear and logical manner
- Producing review-free content for new and enhanced features in every release
- Updating legacy content as the product functionality evolves
- Creating FAQ and Troubleshooting content
- Incorporating user feedback into documentation
- Performing UI design and message text reviews
- Being a mentor and peer reviewer for new team members
- Executing and assisting with non-release-related projects.
To Succeed, You Should Be
- Detail oriented
- Highly self-managed and an agile planner, to prioritize tasks and successfully multi-task
- User-focused, to anticipate their pain areas and create comprehensive documents
- Curious to explore the 5Ws + 1H even beyond the scope of the Jira ticket
- A good team player, to collaborate with stakeholders for gathering information
The core of our documentation rests around data, its forms, and its replication from source to destination systems. Experience writing for these areas is essential.
Key Technical Skills Needed Are
- Experience working with Git, Confluence, SnagIt, HTML, Markdown
- Experience writing about database and ETL concepts, iPaas, and SaaS applications
- Familiarity with SQL
- Excellent command over English
- Experience with tools like LucidChart, Canva, SnagIT to create diagrams, flowcharts, and other visual aids
- Experience of working using Agile methodology and basic project management
At Hevo, we encourage every employee to be creative, participative, and innovative. If being part of this happy and employee-first setup excites you, please forward your CV along with a technical work sample that helps us know your caliber, at firstname.lastname@example.org.