From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran’s documentation receives rave reviews from our customers – it is a core part of our product. The Technical Communications Team owns technical documentation and in-product text. Our globally-distributed team of technical writers collaborates with product managers, engineers, designers, and support to produce world-class documentation and UI copy that helps our customers succeed.
As a Senior Technical writer, your mission is to make Fivetran docs a shining beacon of documentation excellence. You will write and edit documentation that empowers our customers to use Fivetran and understand how our product works. You’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers, support engineers, and other technical writers. You join a friendly team of technical writers distributed among our international offices.
As a Technical Writer at Fivetran, You Will
- Write, review, and standardize product documentation and release notes
- Review customer-facing error messages and UI text
- Use a docs-as-code approach to co-author documentation with engineers, product managers, and contributors across the company
- Improve existing documentation by reviewing it for accuracy and editing it for clarity
- Collaborate with a global technical writing team to define standards, style, and terminology as we consistently improve the voice, appearance, and usability of the documentation.
- Coordinate with other writers, developers, and other SMEs to create and maintain best-in-class customer documentation.
- Act as a resource to other functional groups looking to improve their writing and documents.
- Contribute to style guides and templates
What You Bring To The Table
- 4-8 yrs of experience documenting software or cloud applications, writing for a US-centric audience
- Experience writing for complex technology and sophisticated end users
- Great writing and editing skills with an impeccable command of English grammar
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation following a style guide
- Strong technical editing skills
- Experience organizing information so that it is easy to find, understand, and act on
- A track record of collaborating with other writers and engineers in globally distributed teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of core information development processes, such as content planning, content creation, and content review
- An obsession about getting the details right
- Burning curiosity to get to the bottom of technical details
- A positive attitude with high empathy for customers and teammates
- Strong organizational skills as well as ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- An obsession about making the customer successful
- Can-do attitude with a strong work ethic and drive for high-quality results
- Agility to manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working with SaaS companies
- Experience working in a docs-as-code environment, GitHub, Markdown, CLI, and HTML
- SQL, database, cloud warehouse, and data pipeline knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Perks Of Working With Us
- Medical insurance, Life Insurance & personal accident insurance
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
- Opportunity to work with Silicon Valley start-up working on new technologies
- Competitive total compensation package (Salary + Equity).