At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do helps make a home a possibility for millions of homeowners and renters. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will grow your career and help create access to fair, affordable housing finance.
The Senior Technical Writer - Quantitative Modeling associate will join the Model Governance Solutions (MGS) team. The MGS team has responsibility to drive consistency, compliance, and sustainability in first-line model management activities across the enterprise. The MGS team capabilities include:
- Owning, updating, & maintaining enterprise 1st line of defense (LoD) model management procedures, templates, & working groups.
- Driving 1st LoD model management regulatory response and support.
- Performing 1st LoD model management compliance reviews, reporting, & enforcement.
- Providing 1st LoD training & consultation related to model management lifecycle requirements.
- Coordinating among & representing the 1st LoD community in relation to model management requirements and activity.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will assist the team with assessing and identifying potential model risks that may threaten our reputation, safety, security, and/or financial success, as well as participate with the team in communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders across the enterprise and understanding business objectives.
The Impact You Will Make
The Senior Technical Writer - Quantitative Modeling role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Be part of a technical writing team to support, create content, and edit model documentation associated with our Core Modeling Applications.
- Train, collaborate, and work with business partners on model documentation compliance.
- Partner with Model Risk Management on requisite documentation requirements to ensure 1st LoD compliance.
- Work with team members, management, and stakeholders on a prioritization process to identify documentation needs.
- Work with stakeholders and team management to identify model documentation trends, opportunities, improvement, and areas of focus.
- Help create the infrastructure, reporting, and transparency for model documentation artifacts.
- Work with technology teams to create specifications for model documentation technology enablement.
- Identify thematic areas for improvement, recommend action, and help drive the execution of model documentation practices.
- Work with stakeholders and team members to optimize model documentation creation, processes, and compliance scores.
- 2 years of technical model writing experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Master's degree in economics, statistics, or finance.
- Prior experience with developing best practices and training members of the modeling community.
- Track record of execution, strong prioritization, and planning capabilities.
- Relationship management skills to partner with team members and stakeholders.
- Excellent proof-reading and editing skills on complex technical modeling documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex processes.
- Modeling, Risk Management, Model Testing/ Validation/ Governance experience a plus.
- Communicates effectively with team management, stakeholders, and peers to ensure key messaging is understood, anticipates follows-ups/questions, and proactively addresses, considers, and adjusts language and message to specific target audience.
- Ability to effectively present and train stakeholder groups and internal team members.
- Responsible for end-to-end projects and articulates measurable success and high-quality results.
- Proactively identifies solutions to drive meaningful change, including assigning, working with, and following up with management to implement process improvements.
- Experience with building and maintaining strong relationships to drive and influence meaningful results.
- Collaborates effectively and consistently with peers and contributes to meaningful and productive team and group engagements.
- Utilization of risk-based thought leadership to demonstrate good judgment relating to business decisions and takes intelligent risks to recommend and drive meaningful change.
- Ability to understand and implement the 1st LoD model governance requirements (specifically documentation related) across the end-to-end model lifecycle.
- Learn, provide, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry and regulatory standards, best practices, and business processes used in model risk management.
- Be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and demonstrate a sense of ownership with their work.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hiring range for this role is set forth on each of our job postings located on Fannie Mae's Career Site. Final salaries will generally vary within that range based on factors that include but are not limited to, skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and other relevant qualifications.
This position is eligible to participate in a Fannie Mae incentive program (subject to the terms of the program). As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Fannie Mae offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle, and other benefits and perks that enhance an employee’s physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being. See more here.