Dasera helps organizations operationalize their data security and governance programs. Most recently, it was recognized as one of the ten finalists for the RSA Conference 2022 Innovation Sandbox Contest for our work - continuous and automatic monitoring of context and enforcing data governance policies.
About the Role
As a Technical Writer for the Dasera Platform, you will play a key role in taking our client-focused services to new heights. In this role, you will partner closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to gain deeper understanding of product capabilities and develop content for maximum usability, with consistent voice across all documentation.
We are looking for a candidate that possesses the ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and a natural desire to help people understand it. Ideal candidate would Have proven success in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering.
- Create & manage the user guides & online help articles used by both customers and internal teams
- Manage the online documentation portal which hosts & delivers the above, including:
- Administering the content management system (CMS)
- Managing internal & external access to the CMS
- Collaborate with design & engineer teams as necessary to define & maintain the CMS’s look and appearance
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, and other technical users to understand our features & their customer benefits
- Use this understanding to Identify user interfaces (UI) & user experience (UX) impacts, then ensure documentation reflects the latest product releases
- Obtain & process documentation feedback from customers & internal organizations, and ensure that all feedback loops are closed
- Mentor, guide, and direct the company overall to support expected documentation goals, including:
- Define and enforce editorial style guidelines & workflow
- Review documentation prepared by other peers for content and clarity
- Teach best writing practices, to ensure content is accurate, clear, accessible, and authored using a consistent voice
- Promote SEO best practices, so customers can easily-identify the correct guides
- Oversee, mentor, and assist any/all junior technical writers
Required Experience and Skills
- Two or more years of experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences
- Superb written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in working with engineers to improve user experience (ex: design, UI), refine content, and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications, or relevant technical field
- Understanding of SDLC (systems development lifecycle) and Agile Methodology
- Understanding of the cloud and/or data security landscape
- Experience in technical field such as software development, computer science, or engineering.
- Experience in using XML tools to create documentation.