This role is a fully remote position. Only applicants from U.S. time zones will be considered.
Interested applicants must submit:
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the role
- Examples of knowledge bases or other technical documentation you’ve worked on, with a clear indication of your part in the creation/upkeep of these resources
- A brief grammar assessment (see link below).
Compose.ly has partnered as an exclusive recruiter with a growing fintech solutions provider seeking a technical writer working alongside their in-house team in a full-time capacity.
Our client needs a seasoned technical writer to work alongside their development team and other relevant stakeholders to create, maintain, and publish articles in their knowledge base.
This Role Is For You If You…
- Have experience managing the buildout of knowledge bases, user onboarding guides, and/or other software documentation for SaaS products.
- Have extensive knowledge of UI/UX terminology.
- Know when collaboration is necessary and when independent work should suffice.
- Have strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Can communicate and collaborate professionally and efficiently within a remote environment.
- Creating and maintaining content in the client’s knowledge base, communicating complex technical details to audiences of varying technical knowledge, from C-suite executives to core developers.
- Collaborate closely with client’s developers, tech integration teams, and other internal stakeholders in order to proactively build out documentation in tandem with product development.
- Technical bachelor’s degree or higher (in technical communications, computer science, or similar field)
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- Basic understanding of code structure and style
- Ability to read Java and Go code
- Familiarity with the mechanics of data structures and how they affect app development
- Proficiency in written English (US spelling and grammar conventions)
- Successful completion of our grammar, spelling, and writing assessments
What Would Make You Stand Out
- 2+ years of coding experience (Java and Go preferred)
- A technical master’s or PhD (in technical communications, computer science, or similar field)
- Any additional coding or technical writing certifications
How to Get Started
If you think you meet the above requirements and are willing to take on these responsibilities:
- Submit your resume
- Include a cover letter, explaining briefly how this position is a fit for your skills, expertise, and goals
- Complete the following assessment: https://forms.gle/Bash6L6mS3Y3…
Applicants who do not complete the grammar assessment will not be considered.
Compose.ly is a content creation platform that pairs small, mid-size, and enterprise-level organizations with vetted writers and editors. We pride ourselves on creating high-quality, SEO-friendly content that drives tangible ROI.
About Our Client
Our client maintains a fintech ecosystem enabling seamless access, frictionless investing, and investor education for clients of many shapes and sizes, providing scalable solutions that fuel innovation for hundreds of today’s market leaders and change makers.