At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
As a Senior Technical Writer for BV, you will join a highly talented, global research and development team focused on delivering high-quality content that enlightens our clients and inspires them to do more with our solutions. You won’t do it alone; in this role, you will enjoy the support of other writers and a network of passionate subject-matter experts.
We’re a close-knit team, working on a rapidly evolving suite of products, and we’re seeking someone who is ready to bring creativity and enthusiasm to help take our client experience to the next level. We are looking for someone who understands how to make technical instructions clear, concise, and relevant. Our clients must be able to quickly and easily integrate our solutions with their websites.
Our team provides input and opinions as the product evolves through its lifecycle, and is responsible for the information and resources clients receive when products and features ship. You’ll enjoy great influence and have a respected voice during this process.
How Do We Measure Success?
New products ship with top-notch implementation and technical information. Internal and external clients rate highly the quality of the knowledge assets we provide. Support cases tied to questions or inquiries about our products decrease over time. Our services personnel spend less time coaching clients through the use of our products.
Who’s Our Ideal Candidate?
- Essential Criteria:
- 8-10 years minimum experience authoring high-quality, detailed technical publications, optimized for online delivery.
- Proven ability to integrate complex ideas, strategies, and operational models into content that holistically solves client needs.
- Proven ability to interface with product managers, software engineers, and service delivery groups to execute timely delivery of knowledge assetsFamiliarity with documentation style guidelines.
- Work with single-source documentation processes, including the translation process to multiple languages.
- Make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forwardMeet deadlines and complete multiple projects on aggressive schedules.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Experience working with an agile development model and scrum teams.
- Review documentation and provide constructive feedback to your peers.
- Knowledge of static site generators and documentation build processes.
- Self-driven and resourceful.
- Able to achieve goals independently as well as work well in matrixed groups.
- Flexible and adjust easily to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities
Why Join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes. We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity. We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo. We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
Stronger Together We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.