The QMS (Quality Management System) Technical Writer will author, edit, and release all relevant documentation to support QR (Quality and Reliability) and Zoox at large. They will define, create, and update documentation associated with policies, procedures, work instructions, and any associated specifications. QMS technical writer will work closely with other talented writers across the organization for the collaborative and standardized development of QMS.
The candidate should demonstrate expertise in word processing, spreadsheets, process maps, flowcharts, and technical language. They should display fluency in English, strong writing skills, and the ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner with cross-functional teams. They will also support other Quality System projects.
- Create, format, and release documentation in compliance with QMS guidelines.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to produce accurate, high-quality documentation.
- Edit and author content using tools such as Google and Microsoft Office to produce specifications, datasheets, reports, drawing notes, and other document types.
- Generate graphics such as timeline diagrams, swim lane diagrams, and flow charts.
- Review technical content to edit and format to defined templates.
- Conduct document reviews and collect approvals from stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the technical documentation.
- Continuously improve documentation quality based on the review/approval process and feedback received from stakeholders.
- Collaborate with QMS Engineer for creating and maintaining the document release metrics for periodic review.
- Contribute to documentation development lifecycle improvements that enable efficient delivery of quality documentation content across the organization.
- Provide administrative support on documentation-related Quality System projects.
- 2- 5 years of experience as a technical writer
- Candidates must be willing to work onsite at the work location listed above
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in a technical field or writing and communication field.
- Proficiency with a document management system, Google Workspace, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with bug tracking databases such as JIRA or corrective action database
- Experience adhering to corporate templates and following corporate style guides.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage workload to achieve deliverables to the deadline
- Ability to approach the role with can do, team player, and positive attitude
- Experience with Quality Systems based on ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016, ISO 26262 or similar.
- EV or automotive experience a plus
- Experience with authoring and drawing tools such as Adobe Acrobat DC, LucidChart, Confluence, 3DX- Enovia, Polarion, and/or Dozuki a plus
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.