Rapid is a team of creators delivering the next-generation API platform built for the modern developer. Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to make it easy for developers to build, use, and share APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
How do we make this happen? Rapid is the creator of RapidAPI Hub, the world’s largest API hub, where more than 4 million developers discover, evaluate and integrate more than 40,000 APIs from leading companies like Twilio, Microsoft and Google and more. Rapid also offers RapidAPI Studio, which provides developers with a single, connected experience to design, develop, test, monitor and publish their APIs.
For enterprise organizations, Rapid offers RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, a private, customizable version of the public hub that enables the company’s developers, customers, and partners to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs, as well as external API subscriptions.
We operate at scale when the opportunity is even greater. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
You will become a member of the team responsible for Rapid's product documentation and technical training. Our company and product line is growing quickly, so if you enjoy tackling big challenges, we've got one for you!
You will primarily be responsible for product documentation, but our team is small and we collaborate on many projects. Our team will support you as you work, and you will find that Rapid employees in general will be some of the most positive and helpful people you have ever worked with.
You will drive value for our customers by creating an engaging, informative, and educational learning experience across all of our tools and services. You should be comfortable learning and then explaining a wide variety of new things. You should have experience writing technical documentation, and with preparing and delivering technical training (as a technical instructional designer or curriculum developer) in a variety of formats (live in-person, live on-line, instructional videos).
To be successful, you will need to combine customer communication, project management know-how, and technical knowledge to drive successful documentation and training outcomes.
- Work with engineering and product teams to document new products, features, and APIs
- Create and deliver technical product training to employees and customers
- Act as a subject matter expert for employees and customers
- Push the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to author, organize, deliver, and interact with technical content
- Build tools and processes that make it easy to publish and maintain amazing documentation and product training
- Assess documentation and product training success through metrics and qualitative analysis
- 5+ years of technical doc writing and/or technical training experience
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language
- Experience with modern software engineering tools, including at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Excellent communication skills
- Written and delivered high-quality technical product training in a variety of formats
- Worked with stakeholders across the company to balance competing priorities
- Delivered against a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Demonstrated high productivity in fast-changing environments
- Maintained a positive and can-do attitude through it all
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You'll be taking our product to the next level within a high-talent-density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.
If this sounds like you, click apply below! We’d love to hear from you.