Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato's mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world's leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across more than a dozen countries. Launch Potato's success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
As a News & Syndication Editor at FinanceBuzz, you’ll be responsible for editing high-quality content (written by our team of amazing freelancers) that helps our readers make smart personal finance decisions that better their lives. You'll need to be comfortable with a fast-paced content creation process where you will sometimes be assigning a story, editing, and publishing it within a few hours time.
The ideal candidate is someone chock full of article ideas (an ideation machine!) who can easily come up with dozens of trending, highly-clickable content ideas each week. Also needed: a knack for writing headlines. You'll also work with our Associate Director of Content to ensure all syndicated content is optimized for distribution and monetization.
Success Looks Like
- Assigning and editing stories (approximately 3-5 per day, depending on length)
- Ensuring content is accurate and presented in a way that's optimized for clicks and revenue
- Demonstrating strong editorial judgment and topical expertise across personal finance topics
- Identifying trends and newsworthy hooks that will increase content distribution on our syndication partner platforms
- Monitoring analytics to make strategic decisions on what content to create or optimize
- Working closely with writers to help them deliver their best work through constructive feedback and mentoring
- Ensuring all content adheres to our style, sourcing, and compliance guidelines
- Growing and fostering the FinanceBuzz brand as a top destination for personal finance information and education
What You Need To Succeed
- 3-5 years of experience in a digital editor role
- Expertise in creating content for syndication platforms like Apple News, MSN, and Yahoo
- Expertise in personal finance topics
- An ability to work and make decisions independently
- A clear understanding of content analytics
- Experience using a CMS to build online content
- Experience with Slack, Google Suite, and Asana (or similar)
- Basic knowledge of HTML a plus
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
From Day One, we've been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.