SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else™.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Head of Digital Content, the Social Media Content Writer plays an essential role within the content team.
The Social Media Content Writer’s key role is to collaborate with the content team, with guidance from the Social Media team and key stakeholders, to develop compelling social media storytelling informed by industry news and trends, data-based insights, social media trends, and community engagement. The Content Writer will execute end-to-end social-first projects, producing multiple projects per week, ensuring SSENSE communicates our brand values and grows our audience exponentially.
Content Creation 80%
- Concept, pitch, and create multimedia content for SSENSE’s social media platforms to meet monthly posting and KPI objectives.
- Write SSENSE’s Social Media copy to meet publish dates, prioritizing innovative, exciting language that will engage SSENSE’s social media audience
- Collaborate with Design and Visual team members to execute visuals for social media content, ensuring that content is optimized for best performance on its channels
- Create shot lists, storyboards, and content concept presentations with visual copyrights that present a clear and coherent thought process and plan for execution
- Contribute to Social Media team meetings and collaborate with cross functional partners.
- Leverage data, community feedback, and industry trends to inform pitches and content creation.
- Collaborate with the Social Media team to ideate and develop new social media concepts, driving positive engagement and audience development across all relevant social media platforms
Ideation, Workflow, and Engagement 10%
- Remain reactive, respond, and engage in real time cultural moments to ensure SSENSE is part of the conversation. Keep the Social Media team abreast of breaking news and industry trends.
- Stay informed of trends in social media, fashion, art, literature, and pop culture to develop strategies that will grow the SSENSE community at scale.
- Be responsible, on an exceptional or ad hoc basis, for working outside of normal working hours to meet the needs of the team when covering news and events around the world.
- Speak with authority on all topics related to SSENSE’s content and the content of our industry peers.
- Experiment with new media.
Reporting and Benchmarking 5%
- Support with routine audience audits and competitive benchmarking to optimize growth
- Compile and conduct reporting, monitoring, and analyzes to meet social media KPIs
Engagement and Listening 5%
- Contribute to monitoring public and private engagement on all active social media platforms, escalating certain issues to PR, Customer Care, or the relevant team when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or English Literature
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience managing a brand and/or company’s social media presence, with a proven track record for developing and executing successful social media campaigns that achieved positive growth and engagement
- Strong understanding of visual trends, design trends, and video trends
- Passion and expertise for emerging and established social media platforms and digital communities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Wechat, Weibo, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Digg, Kik, Tumblr, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, OS X, and Google products
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, an asset
- Experience using social monitoring/listening tools to compile insightful and actionable reports
- Flexible schedule according to the social media life cycle, including evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills in English and French
- Employ flawless written communication skills, thorough internet culture understanding, and extensive pop culture, art, and fashion knowledge to continue to shape the distinct SSENSE social media tone of voice for both a global and local audiences
- Be a team player and a resource for the team, listening and respecting your colleagues and supporting the team through thick and thin
- Ability to research, gather, and interpret data, as well as test and iterate ideas
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven, cross-departmental environment
- Creative and strategic thinker who is genuine, self-motivated, collaborative, and proactive
- Ability to multitask and manage projects to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships; maturity, discretion, discipline, and professionalism are essential
- A proficiency with and interest in photography and capturing visual content
- Healthy obsession with pop culture, editorial/journalistic content, and current events
- Demonstrates a keen sensibility and knowledge of fashion, retail, technology, and marketing trends
- Mastery of grammar and tone.