Lamark Media is expanding the freelance division of its SEO Content Department. If you are an experienced writer who is able to research topics, write exceptional content, self-edit, and meet deadlines, we want to hear from you. Please respond with your resumé and writing portfolio with a minimum of two long-form content samples.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create content that people want to read, engage with, and share, that drives traffic and leads, and delivers sales and customer retention.
- Produce written content for websites. This includes copywriting and may include development of infographics, GIFs, quizzes, etc. utilizing third-party tools.
- Proofread and edit peer-written marketing collateral.
- Conduct research on a wide variety of topics.
- Ability to generate factual, grammatically correct content that is engaging to the reader
- Must be able to meet deadlines and to keep an open line of communication about in-progress tasks
- Adept at keyword utilization (keywords will be provided)
- Ability to identify authoritative sources for research and to enhance the credibility of the content.
- Respond to shifting priorities quickly and effectively as necessary
- Ability to maturely receive and respond to constructive feedback and revision requests
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and positively approach problem-solving
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- Professional demeanor and dependable work-ethic
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Flexibility with changing processes in a growth environment
- Ability to edit and proofread the work of others
- Experience writing sales and lead-focused marketing collateral
- Knowledge of on-page SEO, including heading structure, usage of lists and whitespace, meta tags, image optimization, internal linking, URL best practices, conceptual understanding of LSI keywords
- Ability to submit work using Lamark Media software task management and content platforms.
- Ability to use artificial intelligence (AI) and duplicate content detection tools. (Lamark Media does not allow the use of ChatGPT for content generation.)
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) with an emphasis in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field, or two or more years of experience in SEO content production
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent grasp of spelling and grammar
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Please Apply If
- You have freelance writing experience
- You can adapt quickly to task management and content production software
- You have an understanding of on-page SEO
- You have a knack for marketing language and a fascination with consumer behavior
- You have specific knowledge of certain industries, such as legal, medical, industrial equipment, computer software, or other relevant verticals.
- You are communicative and responsive
- You can meet deadlines and adhere to other guidelines.
Please Do Not Apply If
- You do not have any professional writing experience
- Your professional writing experience is limited to news reporting
- You do not have any experience using Content Management Systems
- You enjoy being micro-managed
- You work to produce quantity over quality.