GroupBy's cloud-native SaaS technology powers the world's most relevant and highly converting eCommerce websites. Our composable Product Discovery Platform powered by Google Cloud Discovery AI, provides industry-leading features for data enrichment, search, recommendations, navigation, personalization, merchandising and search analytics and much more! GroupBy’s next-generation Product Discovery Platform creates seamless eCommerce experiences optimized for business outcomes, including revenue, margin, and profit.
In late 2021, we kicked off our exciting partnership with Google Cloud making GroupBy a provider of choice for site search and recommendations and allowing us to expand globally while raising our business to new heights. Today, GroupBy is recognized for its success enhancing large-scale, complex B2B and B2C eCommerce configurations.
While we have numerous accolades, we would like to highlight that Groupby was honored with a spot on LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in Canada LinkedIn Top 25. In October 2022, GroupBy received the Gold Merit Award for Technology beating out Amazon in the same category.
Do you thrive in a diverse and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Join our team and find out why GroupBy is such a great place to work!
GroupBy is looking for a SaaS Content Writer with expertise in the retail and eCommerce space to contribute to our marketing efforts. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in creating and optimizing product and thought leadership content that enhances our online visibility, improves search rankings, and drives organic traffic to our platform.
The SaaS Content Writer must be able to research and understand the functionality and purpose of GroupBy Inc. products and translate this understanding into text that is easily absorbed and understood by any reader.
- Content Creation: Produce high-quality, SEO-optimized content for various short form and long form content such as blogs, product pages, articles, eBooks, reports, and more
- Curation of Content to Specific Buyer Profiles: We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to adapt their written voice for various professional personas. Someone that can write content to a C-Suite audience at an Enterprise-level and someone that can write to a user audience of our software. You know how to create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the readership. You have experience in identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company’s current content. Prior experience writing for a B2B SaaS company would be an asset
- Editing: You are detailed and can proofread content for errors and inconsistencies. You are relentlessly editing and polishing existing content and drafts to improve readability. You are the type of person that simply will not stand for misspellings and grammatical mistakes
- Master Researcher: We have a lot of knowledge to share but we are also looking for a candidate that can conduct their own research through a journalistic lens
- Keyword Research: Integrate target keywords seamlessly into content while maintaining readability and user engagement
- SEO Audits: Perform regular SEO audits on existing content to identify areas for improvement and optimization. Implement on-page SEO best practices to enhance the discoverability of our content
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Marketing team to align content creation with overall marketing strategies and campaigns
Skills You Have
- Exceptional written skills - leaning towards the technical side
- Strong understanding of SEO principles, keyword research, and on-page optimization techniques
- Research skills
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
Nice To Have
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience in a SaaS environment, preferably eCommerce, Search, or large online or retail environment
- Experience writing for a B2B SaaS Company
- Proficiency in SEO tools and analytics platforms
- Portfolio showcasing previous work in technical writing and SEO-optimized content
- This role is open to all candidates in North America not requiring any visa requirements
Why You'll Love Working Here
In 2018, LinkedIn nominated us as one of the fastest growing tech companies in Toronto.
In 2021 and 2022, we received a 92% employee engagement score on our annual employee satisfaction survey.
We offer a hybrid work environment. This is a true Hybrid in that people can work from anywhere as long as we get the job done. It also means we have chosen to retain our head office in Toronto for those who wish to use them.
We have many fun perks like getting your birthday off, half days before a holiday weekend, stock options, competitive salary, unlimited vacation, $500 annual educational budget to spend as you wish and many opportunities for growth and development.
We have a strict "no jerks" allowed policy. Only good humans allowed.