Lotic is an insights company committed to helping people live life better. At Lotic, we believe every person has a story and every voice matters. Lotic offers a place to tell that story, aiming to help people understand themselves better through the use of artificial intelligence, data science, and behavioral science to provide private, unique insights that allow individuals to live their tomorrow better than today.
Our mission is to provide individuals increased self-awareness and evidence-based solutions.
At Lotic, our team is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others.
We’re looking for a talented, forward-thinking Senior Psychology Writer who is passionate about increasing access to well-being information and evidence-based solutions.
You are a talented writer and editor with the ability to think big and far into the future, while also understanding the current landscape of mental well-being. In your role at Lotic, you will create, review, and edit psychologically minded content informed by narrative therapy, mindfulness, CBT, DBT, and ACT. Lotic aims to explain the why and how of the human experience; communicating science-grounded intelligence in an approachable writing style is at the heart of our ethos.
The Senior Psychology Writer is able to convert clinical terms into everyday language, appropriate for a diverse audience. You are a forward thinker who is interested in playing a trailblazing role in the mental wellness industry.
- Develop, create and organize in-app workout curricula
- Shape the therapy strategy for multimedia content creation
- Write clinical articles for apps, web, and marketing use
- Clinically review content created by other content specialists
- Contribute ideas in content meetings
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to discuss projects, planning, and executing business requirements
- Translate psychologically minded concepts into digestible explanations
- Complete additional content tasks and projects as assigned
- Facilitate in-person workshops and/or speak at Lotic events
- Master’s level in Psychology or a relevant field required
- 3+ years of clinical experience, knowledge of a variety of mental health disorders, in-depth understanding of narrative therapy
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Professional understanding of psychology, diagnoses, and treatment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work successfully under tight deadlines and with a high volume of projects
- You practice what you preach: you are a person who is after self-awareness and deep self-knowledge
- Writing samples included with application
Location and Benefits
- This role operates in a hybrid remote environment, with a preference for candidates in the commuting areas of Los Angeles, CA, Austin, TX, or Toronto, Canada. Regardless of home base location, regular travel is expected for meetings, workshops, or team engagement activities considered most effective in person.
- While contracting will be considered, full-time is preferred.
- Salary to be determined with candidate.
- Benefits include health, vision, dental, and paid time off.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Lotic, we strongly believe that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we can be. We are committed to equal opportunity, celebrating individual differences and embracing diversity by building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply, including underrepresented groups and communities. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application process, please let us know.