We have an exciting opportunity for a bright, motivated Proposal Writer to join our vibrant team. You will be working closely with colleagues and sector leads in Transportation & Mobility, Energy & Utilities, Buildings and Communities, Natural Environment and Manufacturing & Mining to manage the production of compelling, high scoring responses to competitive tenders.
Working with technical experts you will be involved in the identification of opportunities to bid and the associated decisions whether to bid for the work. Working as part of a team you will be involved strategic development for winning bids, including identification of the unique selling points and benefits of Cohesive and understanding and interpreting client-specific requirements.
You will bring to the role knowledge of engineering / construction / infrastructure / asset management with an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels up to CEO, clients and partners/suppliers and subject matter experts to produce winning proposals.
This is a full-time role. Your office base can be any of the Cohesive EMEA offices and you will also have the ability to work remotely.
- Overseeing the team during the bid process and making sure deadlines are met.
- Working with key members of the project team and the client organisation to obtain the information required to compile the bid, including the ability to work with online tendering portals for download of documents and submission of responses.
- Liaising with sector leads and client directors to ensure alignment with projects of a similar nature or with the same client.
- Responding to client and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted.
- Involvement with the preparation of supporting materials (e.g., case studies) and presentations that may be required post-submission prior to contract award.
- Engaging with specialist suppliers and/or subcontractors
- Researching, writing and/or checking proposals and researching current and future market trends
- Briefing the teams who will carry out the project work.
What You Bring to the Team
Formal Qualifications Or Recognition Of Written English Achievements
Desirable: APMP Foundation course
- A passion for writing with a very high standard in written English
- Experience of writing accurate, quality text in a professional or academic environment
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as in isolation when ‘quiet writing time’ is required.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Word, and PowerPoint in particular
- Diplomacy - experience of managing the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Project management skills - execution of deliverables on time and within budget
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment and effectively manage a fluctuating workload.
- Confident communicator and ability to contribute in stakeholder meetings
- Construction, Critical National Infrastructure, Asset Management, or associated industry experience
- Foreign travel experience and / or language capabilities
What We Offer
- A great Team and culture – please see our Recruitment Video.
- An exciting career as an integral part of a world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- The opportunity to work within a global and diversely international team.
- A supportive and collaborative environment.
- Colleague Recognition Awards.
U.K, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium (Office / Hybrid / Home Based)
Who We Are
Cohesive, an independently operated division of Bentley Systems, is a full lifecycle digital integrator delivering transformational outcomes through the built and natural environment (cohesivegroup.com)
We have over 700 skilled engineers, consultants, analysts, PMs, data scientists, writers, and people coaches, with global reach and scale that bring our clients the world's leading digital engineering, enterprise asset management, asset delivery, content production, and asset service performance optimization solutions. We provide strategic advice, integration services, systems deployment, content production, and service operations that enable our clients to excel in achieving their business outcomes.
We work in three regions (Americas, Europe Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), and Asia Pacific) creating partnerships and collaborations to provide outstanding service and advice. We leverage the skills and expertise of our teams and a select handful of high-calibre complimentary partners to meet and exceed expectations.
Staying connected. Sharing our knowledge. Always learning, we never let go of our pursuit for the better.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cohesive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.