About Us: Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms.
The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, Elevation Capital, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price, and Discovery Capital.
About the team: Central Design Team
The Paytm Central Design team is responsible for all the Product Design and Research work related to various products. The team mainly looks at the design of the Paytm consumer app and the products in the Merchant Ecosystem comprising of the Paytm for Business (P4B) app, the EDC and POS Devices, the Golden Gate app (the FSE ecosystem), the Unified Merchants Portal (UMP), Net Banking Panel, Boss Panel.The Paytm Central Design Team is divided into different deltas and various products are aligned with each of the Deltas.The Paytm Official Design System (PODS) team and the UX Audit team is responsible for ensuring the consistency across the different products and adherence to good UX principles. The User Research Team looks at understanding user behavior and also the usage of the various products once it's live.
About The Role
We are looking for UX Writers to able to understand the various product requirements, the design challenges and be able to present content in a user friendly manner. The UX Writer will be expected to engage closely with the Product team and the UX designers to understand the product, its road maps and the various functionalities. It is our belief that good copy is an essential ingredient of providing good user experience and drive great usability.
The role requires to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You will help shape the overall customer experience and be an integral part of the Design team. You help shape the vision for content and drive product narratives across multiple platforms. If working in a fast paced environment and creating copy for products that impacts millions of users is your interest, read on!
As a UX writer, you have a portfolio that demonstrates content that enhances and simplifies the overall user experience. You will use your knowledge and understanding of UX design, expertise and skills in writing to create content for products with these specific responsibilities:
- Translate requirements from the PRDs into good UX copy that lead to intuitive user experiences across products.
- Collaborate with UX designers, product teams, and researchers to craft language systems across a variety of contexts; including UI components; to editorial content to help text.
- Design scalable systems and structures to support large amounts of content.
- Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives and explore innovative copy solutions.
- Create user-centred solutions by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Collaborate with UX design to quickly and iteratively create interaction flows, information architecture, taxonomy, and subsequent design mock-ups throughout the design process.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather and understand business and feature requirements.
- Work with User researchers to draw insights from user studies.
- Formulate and design research plans and to drive user research/usability tests as needed.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and software developers.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends in product design and UX copy.
Superpowers/ Skills That Will Help You Succeed in This Role
- 2-5 years of UX Writing experience
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centred design solutions.
- Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Journalism or editorial experience or background is an added advantage
- Experience with UX writing for complex workflows software products
- Experience working with user research and analysing customer feedback
Why Join Us?
- A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
- Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
- A solid 360 feedback from your peer teams on your support of their goals
- Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
**Compensation: **If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!