At Cloudera, we empower people to transform complex data into clear and actionable insights. Powered by the relentless innovation of the open source community, Cloudera advances digital transformation for the world’s largest enterprises.
Cloudera delivers a modern data management and analytics platform built on an enterprise data cloud and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions quickly, flexibly, and at lower cost than has been possible before. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services. Learn more at cloudera.com.
Are you a talented, experienced technical writer who loves to write about highly technical subjects and is known for your excellent technical writing skills? Are you customer orientated and passionate about making sure your documentation helps your customers successfully do their jobs? Would you like to work at a rapidly growing company with smart, hardworking, and friendly support engine ers and software developers? Cloudera is looking for an excellent technical writer who can write high-quality documentation that enables our customers to use Cloudera enterprise applications to manage large data clusters.
If you enjoy solving the puzzle of how to present complex, technical information in comprehensive, well organized, and easy to understand documentation, then this is the job and company for you.
As a Technical Writer You Will
- Write technical content including installation, how-to, administration, or run books supporting the Cloudera Security content. The content must be suitable for technical audiences such as security and system administrators, or data cluster operators.
- Test software to understand how the products work, to validate procedures, and contribute to the usability of the software.
- Publish content using tools and infrastructure of the Content Development team at Cloudera.
We Are Excited About You If You Have
- 5+ years of writing experience in the field of enterprise software; Experience writing experience or experience in the technical field of security is a plus. Previous writing experience about security compliance and encryption is a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience using Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu, or SUSE).
- Experience using a DITA XML-based authoring tool such as oXygen XML.
- Hands on Experience with a source control/content management application such as Git, Perforce, or SVN.
- Knowledge of typical IT or data cluster job tasks, or better yet, experience doing them.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, along with the ability to adapt to various methods of obtaining information from subject matter experts.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing responsibilities, situations, tools, and requirements.
- Ability to learn new technical subject matter quickly.
- Ability to work as a self-starter who can work in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work across time zones with distributed teams.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Generous PTO Policy
- Support work life balance with Unplugged Days
- Flexible WFH Policy
- Mental & Physical Wellness programs
- Phone/Internet Reimbursement program
- Access to Continued Career Development
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Packages
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Employee Resource Groups
Cloudera is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.