Are you passionate about distilling and translating complex clinical and scientific data to support pharmaceutical product development?
This is a great opportunity to help our biopharmaceutical clients realize the full potential of their compounds in the oncology marketplace. In this role, you will develop high-quality content for an array of projects including abstracts, presentations, manuscripts, advisory boards, scientific platforms, gap analyses, literature summaries, slide sets, and training materials.
A Day in the Life
- Develop high-quality content for an array of projects including: publications (eg, abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts), advisory boards, scientific platforms, gap analyses, literature summaries, slide sets, and training materials
- Lead projects through all stages of planning and development
- Identify challenges and implement solutions to meet productivity, quality, and client goals while maintaining compliance standards
- Develop materials that are grammatically accurate and audience-appropriate
- Demonstrate an understanding of the treatment landscape and strategic positioning of Vaniam Group clients' products to produce strategically aligned materials
- Assist with development of project strategy with internal team and client team
- Build strong partnerships with internal and client teams
- Assess project needs and challenges and identify and implement solutions to meet productivity, quality, and client goals while maintaining compliance standards
- Work with internal team to identify opportunities for organic growth and/or new business
- Work with client services teams to plan, prioritize, and manage timelines
- Other duties may be assigned to help drive deliverables within this role
What You Must Have
- Ph.D. in life sciences, MD, or PharmD
- Two plus years experience in a medical writing role in medical communications or medical marketing agency or a related communications role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proficient in PubMed or other scientific/medical search websites
- Commitment to ethical and transparent data dissemination standards
- Computer programs systems: Highly Proficient with the following MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat) Outlook, Google or similar calendar system, familiarity with Endnote, and Zoom (or other similar systems) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, and work well in group problem-solving solutions
- Strong attention to detail and listening skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and have excellent time management skills
- Travel within the US and internationally as necessary, based on the project, sponsor, and organizational needs (<20% travel expected).
What You Might Have, But Isn't Required
- At least one year of experience as an oncology (solid tumors and/or hematologic malignancies) medical writer
- Familiarity with EndNote or other reference management software and publication database (i.e., Datavision)
The Team You'll Work Closest With
You will work closely with the Scientific Communications department as well as collaborate with Client Services, Editorial, and Creative to plan, prioritize, and manage project timelines.
Why You Will Love Us
- 100% Virtual Environment Work from Home!
- Fantastic Culture Evergreen 7Ps https://www.tugboatinstitute.com/what-is-evergreen/
- Health Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Focused on Your Financial Future 401(k) with Company Match
- Investment in You Ample opportunity to grow your career
- Work/Life Balance Paid vacation time for rest and relaxation, Volunteer Time Off for community involvement
- Passion in what we do Serving clients focused on solid tumor and blood cancers
Vaniam Group. We are a people-first, purpose-driven, independent network of healthcare and scientific communications agencies committed to helping clients in the oncology and hematology marketplace.
Founded in 2007, we are the workplace of the future now. With 275+ employees operating in a 100% virtual environment, we harness the talents and expertise of our team without geographic or time-zone constraints. We measure success by how well we deliver on our mission and the happiness of our people and our clients. Join us!