The Medical Writer is a member of the Scientific Communications and Exchange (SCE) team within Global Medical Affairs and assists in the synthesis and dissemination of scientific and clinical data. Key responsibilities of the role include researching, drafting, reviewing, editing, and finalizing Scientific Communications outputs (manuscripts, abstracts, posters, presentations, standard response letters, congress booth materials) in accordance with Good Publication Practices, industry standards, and all applicable standard operating procedures. The ability to rapidly assimilate, interpret, and convey scientific data is essential to this role.
- Develop and/or manage the development of Scientific Communications documents and other outputs
- Ensure Scientific Communications outputs are completed according to specified timelines and budget
- Maintain knowledge of current literature to identify evidence needs
- Attend scientific congresses, advisory board meetings, and similar meetings, as required
- Manage external resources and vendors, as needed
- Adhere to departmental procedures and practices and technical and industry standards during all aspects of work
- Other tasks as assigned
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in developing medical/scientific documents for Medical Affairs or other scientific writing
- Strong background in the basic sciences with a minimum 4 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical or academic research
- Capable of well organized, concise, and clear written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of publication development activities and principles of scientific writing and editing
- Able to interpret, critically analyze, and communicate complex scientific data
- Understanding of statistical and clinical research concepts
- Proficient in performing literature reviews and interviewing subject matter experts to gain familiarity with relevant topics and therapeutic areas
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Capable of working on multiple tasks and managing priorities with minimal supervision
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with document management systems, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, EndNote, and GraphPad Prism
- Strong data visualization and graphical presentation skills PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.