This is a hybrid role with 1 day in the office (Toronto - Yonge and Eglinton) and 4 days remote in a week. The internal title for this role is Marketing Manager.
Recently awarded the Best Place to Work in Chicago and Best Leadership Teams, EnsembleIQ is the premier resource of actionable insights and connections powering business growth throughout the path to purchase. We help retail, technology, consumer goods, healthcare and hospitality professionals make informed decisions and gain a competitive advantage.
EnsembleIQ delivers the most trusted business intelligence from leading industry experts, creative marketing solutions and impactful event experiences that connect best-in-class suppliers and service providers with our vibrant business-building communities. Click here to learn more about our culture and to learn more about our company visit ensembleiq.com.
About the Role
The Marketing Manager, in alignment with SVP Grocery & Convenience Canada and with guidance from VP Marketing, will be responsible for the overall development and execution of integrated marketing programs for a portfolio of Canadian B2B brands and events serving the grocery and convenience markets to drive growth in media audience, event attendees, and advertiser/sponsorship leads.
You will work with some of the preeminent brands in the industry such as Canadian Grocer, Convenience Store News Canada/Octane, The ConvenienceU CARWACS Show, and any other relevant industry awards programs.
- Establish the overall marketing strategy for the portfolio’s brands and events, and to assure fulfillment of all marketing objectives via internal and external marketing channels
- Event Marketing: Develop, execute and manage marketing campaigns for multiple B2B events across the grocery and convenience markets to drive event interest, registration and attendance throughout the event cycle - working closely with brand team and Event Operations
- Brand Marketing: Develop overarching brand marketing strategy to establish and communicate the value proposition of the brands within the portfolio - elevating the brands within the industry markets and audiences
- Sales Marketing: Develop, execute and manage sales marketing campaigns and initiatives to drive brand/product awareness with customers, sponsors and prospects - creating demand, nurturing interest and generating marketing-qualified leads to increase overall sales pipeline
- Audience Marketing: Develop, execute and manage acquisition and nurturing programs to drive database growth and audience engagement for the brands leveraging cross-channel content or content marketing initiatives, in collaboration with Audience Development
- Create, update and manage event websites, marketing landing pages, emails, digital assets, media kits, marketing collateral, etc.
- Measure, track and analyze performance of campaigns and marketing activities, providing recommendations to adjust and optimize marketing strategy for growth
- Collaborate with editorial teams to assure execution of editorial content required to support event marketing, and to assure execution of cohesive social media strategies and related initiatives for the brands
- Closely partner with marketing coordinator and event registration specialist for marketing execution support of campaigns, initiatives and events
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years marketing experience, preferably in B2B media and/or event marketing
- Proficiency with marketing automation platforms (e.g. Marketo, Eloqua, etc.)
- Proficiency with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Proficiency with social media and paid digital platform tools (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Feathr, Google Ads, etc.)
- Proficiency with event management platforms (e.g. Swoogo, etc.)
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong eye for visual design and layout that result in strong CTAs and conversions
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and efficiently in a matrixed environment
- Experience with HTML and Drupal CMS preferred
- Experience in media or events industry with retail markets preferred
- 5% business travel to events, as required
Check out what it's like to work at EnsembleIQ. https://www.comparably.com/companies/ensembleiq
EnsembleIQ is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion. We provide accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with Human Rights and accommodation legislation upon request.