This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company and take our content writing to the next level. This position is fully remote (indefinitely).
Emergent Software is looking for a marketing content writer who is creative, smart, and passionate about writing content for various marketing purposes. A qualified candidate is a content writer with robust technology knowledge and experience writing original content on topics such as software development, data engineering and cloud transformation across a variety of different mediums. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with strong attention to detail, organization skills, communication skills, and work ethic.
- Write content, edit content, conduct interviews, conduct research, and other necessary content creation duties (15-20 pieces of content per month minimum).
- Ensure content is compelling, timely, on brand, on strategy, logically sound and created in a flexible manner that allows it to be used by multiple platforms, while speaking to the specific audience in the appropriate voice.
- Write and edit website content, blog posts, case studies, success stories, press releases, marketing materials, social media posts, email campaign copy, advertisement copy, and more.
- Collaborate with design team to bring content to life in a variety of creative mediums.
- Work with clients to get reviews and testimonials for marketing purposes.
- Help publish content to websites, online directories, press release services, social media sites, ad services, etc.
- Other marketing and/or internal company activities as directed by leadership
Content Writer Required Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in writing content for marketing purposes
- Experience writing content about software development, data engineering and cloud transformation (samples required)
- Portfolio of content writing
- Experience with content audits, content strategy, message mapping and persona development
- Training and experience on and how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- Expertise writing and optimizing content for multiple channels, from long-form editorial for print communications to content for websites, blogs, emails, and social media
- Ability to clearly articulate and sell the business goal behind the content creation
- Analytical skills to help identify what works and continually refine our efforts
- Strong social media skills
- Understanding of marketing language concepts
- Outstanding command of the English language
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about software and technology
Nice to Have Experience
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) knowledge and experience
- Social media strategy and management experience
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Google Ads management experience
- Google Analytics and/or Tag Manager experience
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, etc.
- Other marketing & website analytics tools
- Video production skills
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best team members capable of contributing high quality work. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top performers.
Here Are the Steps of Our Vetting Process for This Position
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Portfolio Submission (5 minutes)
- Technology Knowledge Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Content Writing Challenge (2-3 hours)
- In-Depth Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Final Interview (45-60 minutes)
- Job Offer!