The Beautylish creative team is seeking a Freelance Editorial Writer to contribute short- and long-form content to engage and inform our customers.
Beautylish is a growing e-commerce company that’s redefining the beauty shopping experience in the digital age. We strive to create a truly exceptional experience for our customersfrom the first time they visit our website to the moment they unwrap their order and beyond.
Our ideal Freelance Editorial Writer candidate is a skilled wordsmith with a passion for storytelling who understands the Beautylish brand voice. You should have a genuine interest in all things beauty and have the writing chops to translate your passion into attention-grabbing and informative editorial pieces. You’ll pitch ideas to our Creative team to write everything from trend spotlights, tutorials, and shopping guides to brand interviews, ingredient deep-dives, and experiential narratives.
- Pitch editorial ideas to the Creative Producer
- Write short- and long-form editorial pieces to be featured on our website
- Assist the Creative and Marketing Teams with editorial content/projects as needed
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience in writing or content marketing with a strong portfolio of work; experience writing for an e-commerce or beauty website is preferred
- Demonstrated interest in and working knowledge of the beauty industry, including familiarity with products, brands, and trends
- Ability to conduct research as needed to ensure all editorial is factual and accurate
- Strong writing skills and a clear voice that distills complex ideas into compelling, customer-facing stories
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and submit polished pieces that require minimal copyediting
- Assignment frequency will vary, estimated 1-2 pieces monthly
- 1099 contract position, open only to those currently residing in and legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Remote/work from home from anywhere in the US
- Primary point of contact will be with our west coast based Creative Producer.