Evolving Web is hiringEditor and Content Strategist
- Job locationRemote
- Date postedMay 12
- ExpiresJuly 12 (in 35 days)
- PayNot specified
Do you have exceptional writing and research skills? Do you love crafting compelling marketing copy for a wide variety of clients? If so, we want to meet you! Evolving Web is looking for a passionate editor and content strategist to work on client projects.
In your role as Editor and Content Strategist, you will be expected to:
- Create and edit original copy that is accurate, well-researched, in-line with Evolving Web and our clients’ branding and meets their expectations
- Adapt copy to various channels, such as our clients’ websites, social media platforms, emails, ad campaigns, and more
- Align with the keyword strategy and optimize content for SEO
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to learn about their goals and content needs and provide recommendations
What kind of skill set do you need to be successful in your role within the Evolving Web community?
- At least 5 years of experience in content writing, editing and content strategy
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or any other relevant experience
- Strong communication, research, and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in content marketing or copywriting
- Attention to detail, flow and grammar
- Experience in optimizing content for search engines
- Agency experience
- Ability to develop impactful messages and to adapt them for various audiences and medias
- Excellent portfolio of work
You'll fit in with the Evolving Web team if you are:
- Someone who feels better products come from a collaborative work process
- Not afraid to voice your opinion but open to any input
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience working for the following industries: universities, healthcare, public sector, government, non-profits
- Strong communication skills in French
- Experience training and coaching teams
- Knowledge of Drupal, WordPress or other CMS
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us?
- Collaborative and open to feedback
- Love sharing what you know
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently
- Creative, curious, and proactive at problem solving
- Not afraid of learning new tools and taking on new responsibilities.
What you get:
- An environment that encourages continuous learning and mentorship
- A team that’s big enough that you get to work on creative, meaningful projects and small enough that you can take ownership of your work
- A collaborative, fun, and friendly environment where your input is highly valued
- Collaborations with organizations such as Princeton University, the Government of Canada
- Diverse, multilingual team members from around the world
- Remote-friendly workplace, with a beautiful office in Old Montreal.