What is the Opportunity? Do you love words? Do you love helping people? The Digital Content Writer at Edward Jones in the Service Division is responsible for partnering with content strategists and subject matter experts to write new content and update existing content for our digital self-service platforms. In this role, you would help create content for intranet (Jones Link), in-app support, and chatbot. Content topics include, but are not limited to, account opening, contributions, transfers, rollovers, distributions, and tax.
The Digital Content Writer will use firm guidelines and tools to optimize the content for search and self-service. They will work directly with business areas to ensure the business needs are met through the selected template and the content written. They will also be responsible for publishing the content within the content management system.
What you need:
- Must love words and helping people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with digital content, technical writing, journalism or related fields.
- Experience writing about technical topics in formats like instructions, user manuals, or similar technical communications
- Willingness to learn about new communication channels, user journey data, and optimizing web content for search.
What Could Set You Apart
- Content strategy experience
- UX research, writing and/or design experience
- Finance industry experience/knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in communications, journalism, English or marketing.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation’s foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: