Maximus is seeking a skilled Cyber Technical Writer to join our team in Arlington, VA. The Cyber Technical Writer will interface and interact with federal clients and immediate staff to create, track, and manage technical documentation in a timely manner. Additionally, the candidate will create tailored documents for the client and manage them throughout the approval process as well as reviewing, editing, and facilitating document approval for other authors in the program.
- Work with cybersecurity experts in the public and private sector to draft technical documents and communicative deliverables.
- Write, and coordinate strategic/operational/Best practice-based advisories in support of mission critical operations.
- Brief higher level subject matter experts on production, collaboration, and daily operations.
- Research and develop highly technical products and internal collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Demonstrate expertise in applications such as Word, PDF, Excel, Microsoft Projects.
- Support the development of targeted and strategic communications collateral (e.g., Annual Reports, monthly operational newsletters).
- Be actively responsible for responding to cyber threats and creating mitigation reports in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to commute to the Arlington, VA on-site location.
- Education requirement: Bachelor's degree or 4 years of work related experience can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Experience reviewing and editing work products written by other team members.
- Experience creating and maintaining presentations for a wide range of audiences.
- Mastery of English grammar and sentence syntax.
- Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for formatting inconsistencies.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products, including Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience in or working with the federal government sector.
- Experience supporting DHS programs or initiatives.
- Ability to apply knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, policies, and procedures is a plus.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
Maximus TCS (Technology and Consulting Services) Internal Job Profile Code: TCS225, P3, Band 6.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs.
Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs.
With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country.
We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment.
Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances.
Need Help Finding the Right Job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.