EDMO is a national education nonprofit that has been cultivating curious, courageous, and kind kids since 2004. Our award winning camps, classes, tutoring programs (and more!) are designed to engage kids' minds and bodies.
EDMO programs are hands-on, interactive and fun, unlocking the inner scientist, artist or coder in every child. At EDMO, we celebrate getting messy and making mistakes while encouraging creativity, critical thinking and collaboration. Central to our mission is our commitment to providing equitable access to our programs regardless of their family’s ability to pay. Visit edmo.org to learn more.
The Curriculum Writer will develop STEAM based curriculum and lesson plans to support all EDMO Summer Programs. Summer programs run for about 6 weeks from June - August.
The Curriculum Developer will work closely with the Curriculum Director and the Curriculum team in course development, implementation, evaluation, research, and continuous improvement of the curricula models.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Developing and designing detailed curriculum plans focused on STEAM & SEL across all types of themes and learners
- Creating lessons and themes to support all EDMO Summer programs
- Reviewing past curriculum and coming up with ways to repurpose it
- Ensuring that curriculum tools meet program goals and student learning objectives
- Working collaboratively with the Curriculum team to develop curriculum that meets organizational objectives and that will scale across all of our programs and age groups
- Participating in all curriculum and programming brainstorms when appropriate
- Meeting specified deadlines for new ideas, outlines, drafts, and supply lists
- Helping to manage supply lists and ordering for Summer programs
Reports to Curriculum Director
- Experience developing and writing curriculum, technical documentation, online tutorials, or some similar instructional content
- Clear understanding of a variety of STEAM & SEL concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear and thoughtful writing style
- Able and willing to problem-solve efficiently and thoroughly
- Thrives while working with a team and independently
- Familiar with Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Willing to work in line with PST scheduling regardless of location
Bonus: Familiarity with any of the following:
Remote Role Hours: 30 hours a week Start Date: End of January Salary: $25/hour
Must be able to work in both the CST and PST time zone if needed
EDMO is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity inclusion, and belonging in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. EDMO makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, business needs at the time, and organizational value fit.