**Think of your favorite book from childhood. Got it? Great. Now, that warm, joyful feeling you have right now—that’s what we do. **At Literati, we’re transforming education through deep personalization of books for every reader. Why? Because kids’ learning development thrives with access to stories that fit their unique needs and interests. Want to help transform literacy at scale? Come write your next chapter with us.
Founded in 2017, Literati has delivered over 5 million books to families across the US. Machine learning and proprietary reverse logistics technology power our Austin fulfillment center, with ex-Netflix and Stitchfix data science leaders at the helm. Recently, we’ve expanded our reach into school book fairs, leveraging new tech to deliver a modern, impeccably-designed book fair to educators and to make the best day of school even better for students.
As a Copywriter Intern, you will be crucial in crafting the words that define our brand-customer interactions. Your work will directly impact our marketing creative and digital presence across channels, so you should bring a thorough understanding of impeccable grammar and unforgettable words. You will be joining a driven, growing team of writers and designers in the Creative department at one of Austin’s most exciting companies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Writing exceptional copy—whether for an Instagram ad, an email flow, or website copy.
- Immersing yourself in Literati's voice and abiding by high brand standards
- Gaining a distinct understanding of our products and crafting inspiring descriptions that guide customers to purchase.
- Collaborating with other writers, designers, and creative marketing managers to ensure deliverables uphold the brand across the board.
- Multitasking with extraordinary resourcefulness. You are a magician who can write in a fast-paced environment with a mind for creativity and innovation.
- Experience in copywriting.
- Preferred degree or focus of study in Advertising, Journalism, English or similar.
- Excellent command of grammar.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a collaborative spirit and ability to work with a team.
- Relevant portfolio of recent work (advertising, marketing, brand communications, blogs, social media, editorial, etc.)
What You’ll Do
You’ll work alongside a talented creative team to produce high-converting ad units, email campaigns, product descriptions, printed and digital marketing materials, blog articles, and other messaging assets. You will also help the team proofread all marketing materials before going live.
Literati is the fastest-growing company in Arts & Literature in the US. We were recently ranked #3 on Inc’s Fastest Growing Companies in Austin and named a 2022 Midsize Best Place to Work by Built In Austin. Our founder and CEO, Jessica Ewing, was named one of “Google’s Top 12 Most Innovative Minds” by Fast Company. We’ve raised over $60M in venture capital, with key investors including Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Felicis, and 01A.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.